Former_Member
Not applicable

Critique My Shop

Hi guys,

My photos are terrible (for now...photoshoot in the works!). I need some help getting my shop going. I'm losing confidence that I can run a successful shop! I have yet to hit my first sale and getting restless.

Feel free to be as brutal and as thorough as you'd like.

Thank you!!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Critique My Shop

Hi Stacia,

Online sales are tough to begin with, and they're often even tougher for original art. Better photos should help a bit - make sure to get some different angles, and set up something to show people how they might look on a wall or a small shelf. You can also add some of your most important tag phrases in your titles.

Have you considered offering limited prints of your paintings? That can be a good way to get the ball rolling.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Stacia,

Your work is beautifully vibrant. I think maybe your titles need some work. Lots of your listing start of with sizes. I don't think people who are searching generally put in sizes. For example on the one listing. I might put Floral Abstract Acrylic Painting. Tags should be-floral abstract-acrylic painting-abstract painting-floral painting, etc. no single word tags. Also use all 5 photos. Peggy's suggestion of prints is also a great idea.
0 Likes
SputnikAndFjord
Inspiration Seeker

Hey!

I love your work!

I think the same as Peggy, you should add photos that give shoppers an idea what the paintings might look like in their homes. Also work on your tags a bit. I doubt that someone searching for "bright lipstick" wants to find your painting, they're probably looking for lipsticks. :D Your tags should be phrases that someone would type in the search bar to find your paintings. Imagine that you're looking for a painting like one of yours and think, what would you type in the search bar to find it. Use what comes to your mind as tags. Also, you might use tags like "wall decoration" or something like that.

Good luck with your shop!
Ingrid
0 Likes
TillysCozyHooks
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Stacia,

I am new to etsy so I don't have a ton of experience, but here is a bit of what I think and what I have been told:
You're definitely right about your photos, they need more light and maybe a bit of context or surrounding decor, so as the buyer I can picture it in my own house.
I would change your product titles to reflect some of the same phrases in your tags. This will help your SEO.
Now this is just my opinion, but I would be less likely to buy a painting on canvas unframed. When I purchase a piece of art, I want it to feel complete. I think a framing your pieces (though I know how costly it is) can add a lot of value to your beautiful work.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.