FairytaleFlorist
Inspiration Seeker

Critique - General Help

Hi! I'm new to selling on Etsy and opened my shop early this month. I made my first sale nearly 2 weeks ago, and then about a week ago I was featured on Etsy's picks - this made my sales and traffic explode, and now everything's quieting down. I'd love to hear some tips on keeping up (some) of that traffic!

But *more importantly* I'd just love to hear some general tips on how my shop could improve. I'd really appreciate hearing brutal honesty about

- my pictures
- my prices (as a buyer, would you seem put off? do they seem fair?)
- my descriptions (enough info? too much?)
- SEO help
- really anything you pick up on that could improve :)

Thank you so much!! I'd really appreciate any help I can get.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Critique - General Help

Hi Hannah! First off, your shop looks beautiful and your items seem very carefully made and of great quality. Your photos and descriptions are lovely too.
The prices seem quite high but I'm sure they reflect the time and quality of materials needed to create your flower arrangements so I wouldn't change them.
If I were looking for something like this - as someone from the uk - I'd probably search "fake/silk flowers in vase" I noticed not all your tags included these words, perhaps you ran out but might be an idea to go through them and see if your can make any improvements.
Best of luck :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Hannah, your pictures are very eye catching and so lovely! I love the feel your shop gives off. I see you just started but by slowing adding new items to your shop will help increase sales and views. One thing I would say is under your shop story really pull the buyer in with a captivating story about what sparked you to open up an etsy store, what your flower business is like and what inspires your pieces. Another thing, although its obvious while looking at your shop, if under your shop name theres a place for a description and it can help by putting keywords that describe your shop. like floral boutiques, bridesmaid flowers, fauz floral arrangements. Hopefully that helps, good luck!
Kelsey, Wine About Jewelry
0 Likes

Some people do not know what faux means and may not even see where it's mentioned so maybe slip that in other places using synonyms.

Are all your arrangements artificial? They look so real! They are so beautiful. I would be sure people know they will not die..they will last forever. :)
0 Likes

Good Morning Hannah! Your arrangements are so pretty! Coming from a shop owner that works mainly with brides & grooms... My first thought was... Especially this time of year, you should be marketing the tons of brides out there. Weddings in general! Fabulous table flowers, bridal bouquets, and bridal parties, grooms and groomsmen, bridal showers, flower girls, ring bearers. Maybe show some photos with no vase but instead a sweet arrangement with a pretty silk tie around the stems for easy holding. Boutonnieres for the groom and groomsmen. This way you also wouldn't be shipping glass/breakable things. The bride and bridal party would always have their flowers for beautiful keepsakes! Another thought - Even if you don't want to market weddings, if you offer a lower price on your arrangements minus the vase then folk would have a nice choice! Good luck Hannah and have a great week!
~Lela
0 Likes
FairytaleFlorist
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks! So much valuable advice here - appreciate it!!
0 Likes

Hi Hannah

I love your banner!

Your shop announcement says you're on holiday (May) so not sure if that's from last year or this year?! It also says that at the top of each listing I opened.

I love your photos, great job there, they are the hardest bit for me. If you had every photo as square then it would flow as you move from one to the other.

I would recommend adding some links to the end of each listing, a link to another section of your shop and a link back to your shop to keep people shopping with you for as long as possible :)
Say on the listings featuring ranunculus say click here to see more arrangements with ranunculus in:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/HannahsBloomsShop/search?search_query=Ranunculus+&order=date_desc&view_...
(I typed in a search word and copied the address)

I love that the vase comes with it, make sure you make that clear as it's a selling point.
Best of luck
Cherry
0 Likes
FairytaleFlorist
Inspiration Seeker

Oh my goodness, I had no idea I had said May - I got it confused with March! Oh my gosh!! haha Thank you thank you!! (from the world's biggest idiot) haha

And thanks for the lovely advice! :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.