akhurtsia
Registered Buyer

Advice is needed

Hello team!

I opened my shop a few months ago. I got one sale and try to make it better every day but right now I am stuck. Can you have a look and give me some advice? What to change and how to increase sales?
Thanks in advance! And warm wishes to everybody!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Advice is needed

Hi Anna,

I would add more items if you can. I would also brighten the photos. I would also show the cross stitch items without the vase and flowers. Just display by themselves and maybe on a white background.

Your items are beautiful.
0 Likes
akhurtsia
Registered Buyer

Thanks a lot, Cheryl!
0 Likes

Hi! Your items are beautiful! I love your descriptions and think they are very well done. Your pictures are good too and i like the different views/angles you have for all the stuff animals and hangings. I would start by adding more items to your shop. The more items you have, the better your chances to get seen. Also, your stuffed animals say "beware- not for children" which probably throws some sellers off because they would buy for a child. I agree you need a warning but maybe more along the lines of- not for play/small parts so monitor children/not recommended for children under whatever age because of small parts/ etc. Something along those lines may be better but i do think its good you have a warning there. I recommend joining EtsyRank to help guide you in more ways to improve, it really helped me with basic things like spelling errors and improving my tags. Good luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

try adding more items - it gives you a better chance of being found. also, I think you might want to try brightening your photos, try using an online photo editor :)
0 Likes
akhurtsia
Registered Buyer

Lovely girls, thank you very much!!! I am very grateful!
Rebekah, t is such a good notice about the discription, Thank you a lot!
I will work with the photos this weekend. And I will definitely add items.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Anna,

I love your soft toys as well as embroidery works.

I think for your embroidery pictures, taking away the props would help. They create a kind of distraction from the product.

The one main reason I can think of for low sale despite people favoriting your items, is the high price. All of your products are very expensive. I would suggest adding some inexpensive products to boost sale (upto $50). I know it might be difficult, but you could make small and simple stuff toys, etc. If people buy your products and like them a lot, they might be more encouraged to pay for your expensive stuff.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Nimisha
0 Likes

Hi Anna - your stuffed toys are so wonderful! I would suggest photos that are brighter - the first few i looked at were a bit dark. Best of luck to you, feel free to browse my shop and give me feedback! I need it too.
0 Likes
akhurtsia
Registered Buyer

Dear Nimisha and Laine,

Thank you very much! I appreciate your attention and advice very much!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Anna,
I made a little research for the following item in your shop as example: https://www.etsy.com/listing/465202883/nursery-room-decoration-bird-house?ref=shop_home_active_1

I think that in general you could enhance the pictures and add a little contrast to them. There are many online editing sites where you can do this for free, and there are many photo editors in Etsy who could do it for a low price. Otherwise, They are good shots and I like your items very much.

I can advice you in relation to your SEO (how you appear in Etsy search)
I think my technique to do it will help you if you decide to give it a try.

It is very important for new shops to be optimized for keywords that are often used in the USA, UK, Germany, Canada. This is because if you optimize for keywords that are used in Pakistan for example, it is very likely to get high traffic and few or none sales.

For example:
You have optimized the above mentioned listing to appear on the first page for the "Nursery room decoration"- which is a phrase with very low search index.
You've optimize for "baby room decoreation" which have very high search index for Pacistan and none for the USA, or anywhere else.

Instead you could optimize for "nursery room ideas" which have the highest search volume in the USA.

I use googletrends.com to see what is worthy to optimize and what not.

Also in the beginning of the "Shop life" it's rear to beat 1 million competition. If you search the phrase you want to optimize for in the Etsy search you will see what the competition is for these words, right under the search box.
I know that my shop can beat a competition of 17000 sometimes, you should try yours. Also when your sales increase you will be able to beat higher competition and you could change some keywords in order to get more traffic.

I hope This would help you. If you want to contact me, do so :) I will be happy to help with what I can.

Wish you best!
Iren
0 Likes

You products are very good, i like them!

Nice idea to shoot framed art near the flowers, but i think your background can be more brightness and clear (without table, wallpapers, etc).
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.