Vacation - how do you handle your shop when on vacation?

Hello. I'm new to Etsy. Just published my first listings about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I'll be away on vacation for 4 days next week and am trying to decide if I should set my shop to "vacation mode", which I understand essentially disables buyers from viewing your items and placing orders. I Since I just opened recently, I'm kinda reluctant to do that. I'll have internet access while on vac, so, was planning to check for any messages, stats, etc anyway. Instead of using "vacation mode", I was thinking about adding a "vacation alert" note at the beginning of my shop announcement (noting when items purchased during the time I'm away would ship) , shipping policy and also on the auto email note that would go to a buyer after placing an order.

I'm wondering how others handling their shop when on vacation?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Vacation - how do you handle your shop when on vacation?

If you have the Etsy app you can monitor your shop while you're away. In the shop announcement, under your banner, just let customer know that any purchases made between ("X" and "Y" dates) will be shipped out on "Z" date.

You can also change your note to buyer that is sent out automatically with a sale stating the same thing.
0 Likes

Re: Vacation - how do you handle your shop when on vacation?

Thanks very much!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.