Hello brand new here and have a brand new Etsy shop...

Hope everyone is having a great Friday! I just wanted to introduce myself to the group and say howdy!, My name is Chris and I'm a stay at home mom. I've been married 27 years to a pretty great guy and we have two special needs boys with Autism. In my life before adventures in Autism I used to be a freelance illustrator but gave up my career to focus on the demands and challenges of raising to kids with special needs. As they have gotten older I am having a bit more free time and I decided to give creativity another go and I've started a Etsy shop. Over the years I have found sewing to be very therapeutic for me and I frankly just love to sew. A while back I found this website that let's you design and create your own fabric and then I found a new love in illustrating and designing fabric. So I got this "brilliant" idea to merge my two favorite things and start a Etsy shop where I can sell things I've sewn with my own fabric. I also am selling things with store bought fabric too because frankly I have a lot of fabric on hand and it's pretty expensive to have your own fabric produced. My hope is that I can eventually have a shop exclusively with products made from my own fabric designs but I have to make some money first to buy it! LOL Anyway really looking forward to getting to know everyone here on the board, I can use all the help I can get!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Hello brand new here and have a brand new Etsy shop...

Sounds like you have some really wonderful ideas! I have been very curious about these services offering small runs on fabric printing. Do you find the quality is the same as standard fabrics? I would like to hear more about your experiences in this area.

I wish you much success on your new business!

-Wayne
0 Likes
RainStudio
Inspiration Seeker

Welcome..welcome! to all the new members here. I really love this team. Great information and lots of neat ideas!
0 Likes

Welcome and good luck.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Christine,
Your designs are lovely! I hope to do the same one day, what website do you have your designs printed from?
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.