Please tell us a little about yourself. What kind of device(s) do you use? What do you sell? How long have you been on Etsy?

Re: Introductions

Hello, thanks for the invite. I have three shops, two are active. My woolsculptures is the oldest, 8-9 yrs, my luxury, handmade soap is almost two years and where I put most of my time, Uptown Girl Soap & Bath.

90% of my work is done on my IPad. It allows me to operate my shop as close to a B&M as you can get. People who have to wait for an answer have a tendency to wander off, so IPad keeps me in touch from early am to evening. I use my PC for the few things I can't do on my IPad.

Glad to meet you all, Janice, the Soap Maven
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Hello everyone,
Thank you, Joanne, for inviting me to join Suite Team! I am a designer of pressed flower art, which is such a joy to create.
I have been on Etsy since 2010, but spent the first year or so, not involved. I had just got my first laptop computer, and frankly had zero tech skills.
Now, my laptop is off line, so I use a little iPhone and a new Pro Air iPad that I have had for a few months.
It takes the best pictures, but they are big when I email to friends, especially to those with Samsung phones.
I have a lot to learn about how to use it. I feel like I am not taking advantage of its capability, but hope to learn more here.
Any photo editing tips, beyond the basics with this iPad?
Wishing all the best:)
0 Likes

Welcome to the team 🙂
0 Likes

Hi everyone - thanks for the invite. I have 3 shops but this is the one I'm focused on now. I started this shop in 2014 but didn't really start getting active with it until Nov/Dec 2015. I'm an Android user on my phone (Moto G) and Kindle. I was all set to do some Shop Updates when the new design announcement popped up. So, I've been side-tracked. Need to get back to the task and also get more items listed... so many to-do things and so little time - and I'm retired too!
0 Likes

Hi, thanks for the invite. I have only the one store.

i recently bought an IPad mini, basically so I could use the square. (love the square.) I'm not tech savy and am hoping to see how others are using their devices! my main concerns are shop update and IG without a phone. but. think i just need to sit down with some wine, whine, and just fiddle with it.
0 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

Welcome, everyone!

Lol Stoney, we've all been there...

Cris, I have a basic reading Kindle. My second one, as I left my K2 in the rain a couple of summers back : (
0 Likes

Hi and thanks for the invite! I am retired and love crocheting, sewing and gardening. I bought my iPad Air last fall and don't know what I did without it. I spend a couple of hours a day looking at Pinterest and Etsy and I keep it close for looking up and buying way too many things. I have been on Etsy since 2012 but only active recently when I reopened my shop. I am still learning about selling and hope to learn a lot more.
0 Likes

Hello everyone and thanks so much for the invite to the team, Joanne.

I make and sell crocheted items, mainly hats, sweaters, booties, blankets, pants, hoods, etc, for babies and young children, but I do make scarfs, hats and boot cuffs for adults as well. I've been crocheting since I was five years old and have had my Etsy shop since 2013.

I have an old iPad and do as much as I can on it. I've found that it's great for communication with customers as well as processing orders. However, pictures are very poor quality and editing my shop is very difficult and time consuming (and in many cases, impossible), so I do those things with my Nikon DLS and my PC. I would love for Etsy to come up with a more user friendly iPad app. I'm not very techy, so simple works for me! Haha.

I think it's about time to upgrade to a newer iPad. I like the large size because I find it easier to work with. Does anyone have a recommendation as to which iPad to buy that allows most everything necessary to run an every shop entirely from an iPad?

Thank you and I am so excited to be part of a group that revolves around Etsy and iPad.

~Beverly Ann
0 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

Sandi, welcome. I, likewise don't know how I got by with my iPads : )

Glad you're here, Beverly Ann! My next iPad will be an Air with more than the 16 gb that we have now... and a better camera... One that will work with our data plan. And I really don't care about the cost, lol.

Our first iPad was a refurbished one from the Apple store. We were very happy with it. I would have gotten the second one there, but the data plan doesn't work in our rural area. We had to stick with our local carrier.

But I understand that I could buy one at Sam's and our carrier could set it up.

As you can see, I am not very techie myself. That's why I started this team. If we put our minds together, we can make it work!
0 Likes

Thank you, Joanne. I'm anxious to see what our more techie friends think about newer iPad versions to see what works best for Etsy. I'm really excited to be a part of this team. 😃
0 Likes

Thanks for the invite! I'm looking forward to learning and helping. I've got an iPad mini (3yrs old) and only recently downloaded the Sell on Etsy app -- so I'm still learning those features.
I opened my Etsy store in February 2015 but didn't list anything until April of that year. It's constantly growing with an assortment of items, but my passion is the DIY CardKits and paper themed items.
It's been fun to see my show evolve and I touch my business every day. Happy to report my 2016 stats have exceeded my (entire!) 2015 stars, and as of this April, I've had my best selling month to date!
Looking forward to making new friends here!
0 Likes

Well, right now I am on a PC, but I am seriously considering going to an IPAD very soon. I have been on Etsy since 2012 and sell Vintage.
0 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

Welcome, Nicole and Jacque. We're so glad you have joined us!

Jacque, feel free to poke around our threads to see how SUITE team members are using their devices to run their businesses.

In my case, we own two iPads, a regular one for about 18 months, and then we bought an iPad Air about a year ago, one this time with cellular data and negotiated with our cell phone provider for a data plan.

If I could do it over, I would go for an iPad with more memory than 16 gigs, a real pain. And the better camera. And, of course, the cellular plan is essential for me because we spend a lot of time in the car and I can work anytime. (Typing right now on it in fact. We are returning from auction.)

Although the iPad can be used for a lot of things, some tasks are still much easier with a PC. I still store most of my photos on my PC. I still prefer to list items and print up invoices the old fashioned way. Not that those tasks can't be done on the tablet, just that for me it is still more convenient to use the PC.

Again, welcome!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I apologize for the lateness of this introduction. I do find the posts here very helpful and informative.
I am somewhat tech-literate but budget-impaired! I don't have an "i-phone" but I spend a lot of time on my Samsung Tab 4. The rest of my computer time is on a wide-screen desktop.
I use the Sell on Etsy app on my Samsung, but also occasionally on my desktop (through Bluestacks).
0 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

Welcome, Linda!! We appreciate any input you have.

I hear you about "budget impairment." I only got the iPads for some other activities we do where we need them. Amazing how attached we have become : )
0 Likes
GiosGems
Crafty Poster

Hi all. Doesn't look like I've done this, the most important step. I'm Sarah with GiosGems and I sell mostly vintage jewelry. I got started on ebay, and I still have a shop there, under vammy151. I was getting annoyed with all their policies and demands so I moved most of my shop to etsy. I like it much better here. I'm thrilled to be part of the group and have set up a Pinterest board just for this group so we can get even more exposure. You'll find I've already pinned several of your items, and a few of mine to the board. This is the link,
https://www.pinterest.com/giosgems/simply-vintage-team-on-etsy/
Follow the board, and send me an email through my shop, www.etsy.com/shops/giosgems1 and I'll send you an invite to post. I do retain the right to remove any pin I think is inappropriate, but I can't imagine that would be a problem. Together I know we can make our shops a success. There's nothing better than teamwork!
0 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

Thanks so much, Sarah... Nice to make your acquaintance!

I'm all about alternative promotion. And I'm willing to facilitate this team in that direction.

Looks like it's time to recruit more members 🙂

(Sent from our secondary iPad.)
0 Likes
GiosGems
Crafty Poster

Thwe more the merrier.
0 Likes
GiosGems
Crafty Poster

Hearted and pinned a bunch from CoperFoxCo! Great stuff!
0 Likes
GiosGems
Crafty Poster

Hearted and pinned a bunch from CoperFoxCo! Great stuff!
0 Likes

Although I've been an etsian since 2010 I've only had the ipad for 2 yrs. All seemed to be working well until recently!
I use it for photography, adding new items, social media & updates.
I'm probably the most senior member of the team, based in South East England.
I have another shop too.
thanks for having me!
0 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

Welcome, Jay!!

I don't know who is most senior, lol... We all need a little help with our devices now and then, young or old...
0 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

I'm game to still keep this team active!
0 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

Still here!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.