Former_Member
Not applicable

Shows.. all about

Shows.. all about

lets keep this in one thread here.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: Shows.. all about

Nice article on craft show etiquette: http://creativeincomeblog.com/crafters-etiquette-the-10-commandments-for-craft-shows/

As someone who sells at craft shows and also organizes them, I would add that last minute drop outs are a huge issue. I work so hard at my events to vary the layout so that no two vendors in the same category are near one another. That is for the vendors' benefit, so their items don't all blend together for the customers. Reading the application, show requirements and expectations, and instructions would also help. I cannot tell you how many people sign applications and requirements, having never read them!
0 Likes

Best event-related checklist I've ever seen!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/340658989399454/
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Someone told me about a waterproofing spray for my canopy and I wrote it down somewhere.....Does anyone use one they would recommend? What is your procedure for doing this? Where do I get the spray? I have my first outdoor show coming up next month and I need to waterproof my canopy. It was new last year but I want to make sure I'm protected from the Ohio crazy weather.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Scary Stuff your Journals and water.. best luck to you.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Definitely scary. I had a close encounter last fall. We got to see how fast I can move in an emergency. I didn't lose anything in that downpour. Oh wait-I had 2 close encounters. I can whip out a plastic tub and get journals in there in a flash. One show was at an outdoor garden center (which looks more like a park) and halfway through the show the heavens opened up. I got stuff pulled back from the front of the tent, got anything extremely vulnerable put away, and waited it out. We had a river of rushing water going down the drive in front of us. People on the other side of the drive lost everything and were standing in water halfway up to their knees. To pass time, hubby made a paper boat and floated it down the drive as everyone cheered it on.
0 Likes

Wow, that IS scary!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I did a show once in Calif and this person's popup booth was taken away by the wind. thankfully no one was hurt
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

That's always scary. It's so important that we weight our canopies. Every time. And have business insurance for just in case. If your canopy flies into someone else's person/tent/inventory/car, you're responsible for damages.
0 Likes

Oh Jerry, I've seen the flying canopies time and time again. I wish organizers would stick to their guns and follow through when requiring PROPER weights. Water jugs and cinder blocks are not the same as proper canopy weights with supporting ties/bungies up to the top.
0 Likes

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Great ideas! I almost always take work with me. It helps me feel more clam being in front of people if I have something to keep my hands busy plus it shows customers that I actually make what I sell.

It's important to make the best of every show, busy or not. It keeps your attitude up which reflects in how customers see you. We've sang and danced to music the dj was playing, we've met great new vendor friends, we've had meaningful conversations with customers that we might not have had time to have if we were busy. There's always something positive to walk away with.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.