Any strategies for online craft shows in the Seattle area?

Does anyone have any strategies for online craft shows?

Just about all the in person craft shows have been cancelled so far this year due to the covid crisis.  I'm trying to find a way to replace those sales.  

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
2 Replies

Re: Any strategies for online craft shows in the Seattle area?

Hi! It's Cathy I haven't had much luck with online craft shows. I did have a successful Insta Live back in April right before Mother's Day. I think people liked the video aspect and that most of my stuff was new to them. Since then, I've been working on improving my SEO on my Etsy shop and adding more listings. But for the June and July, my sales have flatlined. So I am working on making inventory for holidays and improving my website. But with the country opening back up, maybe you can apply for other Farmer's Markets in the area? Good luck and hope to see you again at PPM soon!

1 Like

Re: Any strategies for online craft shows in the Seattle area?

Hi Cathy!  

I think in person sales for me are a bit out of the question.  I'm not sure what the actual risk to me is while wrapped up in PPE and social distancing, but it's much less if I stay home.  I think I would just be a giant stressball if I went to farmer's markets.   There were a couple in Seattle that had the social distancing and only let a few customers (I think 60 people) at a time in the market, and had only half the vendors.  At least two shut down because the vendors couldn't make money because the amount of customers coming through wasn't enough to make a normal profit margin.  I think you are also at PPM, so we will soon see if that is the case there as well.

I've added some google ads this weekend to my website.  I'll try adding some videos this week to my etsy shop.  They are having a test right now with 50% of the shops.

Good to hear your experience with the online craft shows.  The people throwing them are also new to this new reality.  I'll try an instagram live as well.  I think we are all learning together what works and what doesn't.

I had hopes that it would improve by summer, but it appears it will not for at least a few months.  

Laura

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.