Looking for studio space

I am interested in renting a small art studio space. It would ideally be a place where artists can meet, interact and help promote one another. Any ideas? I am open to a shared space as well.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Looking for studio space

Hi Debra, which part of town are you looking at, downtown, north county, etc?

-Christy
0 Likes

I just heard about the Bekin building, which is being converted into studios of varying size. They don't seem to have any available at the moment, but you might inquire as to their pricing, etc. They are located in northpark, here's their website: http://www.thebekin.com/ I know there are a few places downtown too, but this one seems more permanent (1 year leases). You might also ask at Liberty Station, they have studio spaces available there, some big, some small, but I am not sure of the pricing. At least at Liberty Station you might be able to sell out of your studio, but you will also have pedestrians wandering by and sometimes watching you. :P
0 Likes

Hi, all -- Hubby and I are looking at renting an apartment in Imperial Beach with an adjacent, extra, *huge* garage. Thinking about renting it to local artists for studio space.

It's about 20 ft high, two cars wide, and about 50 ft deep (front to back)...

It's near Palm Ave and Hwy 75 (1 block from the bike path, new coffee shop, etc).

What do you think would be the going rate ? Has water, you'd furnish shelving etc.

Any ideas? Thanks -- and Happy New Year!

Sheryl
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.