Former_Member
1. build your brand
Standing out in the crowd of Etsy sellers can be a difficult task. You should have a clear vision of what you want your brand to be and stick with it. Doing your research on how to build a strong and long-lasting brand should be high up on your to-do list! Here are a number of articles that talk about brand for creative business owners.

2. Understand Your Market
Knowing who your target market is is key when it comes to selling online.
Here are some questions to get you started:
Are your target customers male or female?
• How old are they?
• Where do they live?
• Is geography a limiting factor for any reason?
• What do they do for a living?
• How much money do they make?

3. Understanding SEO is a Must!
SEO is sometimes difficult to understand, but it is vital to the growth of your creative business. Getting your Etsy Shop and Etsy items found on Google can be a difficult task, but with the proper research and placement of specific keywords, you can begin to dominate small niches and move up in the Google search. There are a few things you need to keep in mind when you are looking for keywords to use. When looking for keywords and phrases, shopper intent, search volume, and keyword competition are the 3 most important factors that determine a good key word.
Shopper Intent First — The most important factor to look at when figuring out the value of a keyword or phrase is intent. When picking a good keyword to analyze, pick words or phrases that people interested in your items would search for. You know your product best. Once you determine what these words and phrases are, use the Google Keyword tool to find more suggested words and analyze them to see if they are worthy of using. I will explain more about this later in this article.
Volume Second — When determining the value of a keyword or phrase, you need to look at the search volume. Are there enough people searching per month for a term on Google to even consider optimizing for it? (The Google Keyword tool provides this info for you). If you answered yes, then you have to ask yourself if it is possible to rank for that keyword? It will be extremely difficult to rank on Google for a high volume term such as ‘garland,’ but easier to rank on Google for lower competition, small niche, 2-3 word phrases such as “paper garland”.
Keyword Competition Third – A key word can have a high search volume on Google, but that does not mean it is a good key word or phrase. You have to know how many competing pages there are according to Google and the competition on Etsy. These two factors can help you determine if you want to use a key phrase or not. I will also cover more about this later in the article.
Small Niches Always- Why would you want to focus on a small niche? Smaller niches are searched less on Google every month, but they also have less competition. The smaller amount of competing pages, the better the chance your shop will rank on Google for a particular keyword. Check Handmadeology’s manual on Etsy SEO right here on the blog. It is packed full of links covering every area of SEO for your Etsy shop.

4. Social Media Marketing
As you know, I am a huge advocate of social media marketing. Marketing my Etsy shop on Facebook and Twitter have greatly increased my visibility and grown my customer base. Getting new potential buyers to view your work is only part of the equation…building relationships with your customers is the other part! Social media makes connection with customers easier. Being an Etsy seller, I know how hard it is to get any views from just listing your items on Etsy. Marketing your Etsy items outside Etsy is a must these days. I am excited to share this free e-course with Etsy sellers, because I have been using these 10 steps for years and I have seen great results. I have increased my traffic to my blog and Etsy shop, moved up in the Google ranking, and have even seen my customer base grow. Connecting your Etsy shop with Facebook and Twitter is only one piece to the social media puzzle. Check out this huge list of social media marketing tips for Etsy sellers: Make the Connection If you are ready to take your social media marketing to the next level and get found in the sea of Etsy sellers, check out Creative Social Media Academy. Creative Social Media Academy is an online social media training course that is designed to teach you how to market your creative business on social media.

5. Have fun!
My golden rule for my business is…. “The second your creative business becomes a chore and you lose the fun, it’s time to change it up!” Don’t get me wrong, running your own business can have it’s down times, but the beauty of owning your own business is you have the ability to change it up when things get mundane and boring. Here are a few more articles from creative business owners that are selling on Etsy and living their dream!

Re: SALES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🎉PROMO Fête du Travail - Labor Day Weekend Sale is on🎉

Au plaisir! - Come and Join us!

TresorsDuMondeInc.etsy.com
TresorsDuMondeIncUSD.etsy.com
TresorsDuMondeIncEur.etsy.com
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
JFBdecor
Inspiration Seeker

Hello,

Famous painters: Rembrandt, Courbet with paintings no less known: Self-Portrait, Workshop, Portrait.
In the background you will find our two self-portraits of our friends.

Have a good day.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/545739118/paintings-photography-philately-vintage
0 Likes

Fashion bags 
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.