Former_Member
Not applicable

WELCOME - INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE!

Welcome to RVF, we are a brand new team but I have a lot of experience running an etsy team, I started one in 2014 and it is now extremely active and successful. I hope to find some other sellers who also specialize in more recent vintage fashions. Please jump in and enjoy the games, tell us about yourself in here and go to the chat thread for other conversation.

Claudia
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
20 Replies

Re: WELCOME - INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE!

Hi, I'm Brook and I love vibtage clothing. My shop has a focus on 80s and 90s, but also has stuff from as early as the 50s.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Brook, same here, I have clothing from the 50s up in my shop, but I am member of another team that focuses on mid century style, and I didn't feel right promoting my 80s and 90s stuff in there. I joined another team that was focused on 80s and 90s but they weren't very active. I know how to build an active team - so I am going to try to do it here. :)
0 Likes

Thank-you for the invite! I've been selling on Etsy for several years now and while I try to carry a bit of everything (because I have a lot of vintage!) I seem to offer more "recent vintage" in my shop. I'm looking forward to participating on the team.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Great! I should have introduced myself first, duh...

I am Claudia, I started a shop last year called spacemodyssey and I sold everything vintage in there, including clothing. Recently I decided to separate the vintage clothing out and started a separate shop called MayDayRiots. I am still learning, clothing is different than household items for sure! But I know how to run an etsy team and I have built a successful business with my other shop so I am looking forward to this challenge too.

One of the things I love about etsy is that it is a very supportive selling environment, what I like to call "karma-based". If we help each other out we will all do better. I won't ever be upset if one of my teammates has the same item as me and sells theirs first. There is someone out there for every vintage item, I believe that!

Anyway, welcome to the team, and please invite others that you think will be compatible with our team.

Oh, and tag your items with RVF so we can find them for treasuries. I picked a nice short tag :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

hello, I'm Hailey. I am a newer Etsy seller and I love hunting for great vintage pieces! my shop is mostly babies, kids, mens, and womens clothing + accessories. I also have a few books and party supplies. I'm a sucker for vintage invitations. my clothing pieces are focused mostly on the 80s + 90s, but I have a little bit of everything. thank you so much for the invite! I'm stoked to be apart of the team! :)
0 Likes

Hi, I'm Susanna, here for three years filling up my shop with loads of knitwear and handmade stuff, my own and vintage.
I love being a part of the Etsy community and am having a whale of a time here.
The avatar is me, pensive and working some thing out in a custom order hat!
Thanks for the great welcome:)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am so pleased that on the first day of this team I already have such a great response! I can tell this is going to be a good team! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Also, some of you have mentioned selling older vintage clothing as well. I do too, and I strongly encourage you to join my other team, teamkitsch vintage, for 50's and 60's clothing. I hope this team will be as active and great as the other.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone I am Tura I have been selling and repurposing vintage clothing since the 80's - One of my favorite eras. My shop Cajun Rabbit is only a year old but instead of renaming my old shop (which I opened in 2010) I chose to reband myself and my shop. I think I have done well considering I was on vacation mode for almost 7 months since I am my aunt's caregiver. She has cancer.

Anyway thanks for the invite Claudia and thanks for treasury add. I look forward to spending time with this team in the future.

Xxo

oh and my favorite all time designer is Betsey Johnson ;-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! I'm Bego my nick is modsnip and I love vintage 60s clothing and complements. My shop has a focus on 60s and 70s, dresses, music (singles...) etc from my own collection.
Thank you for add me to this team.

See you!
0 Likes
GuavaTreeVintage
Inspiration Seeker

Hi everyone! My name is Carrie and I am relatively new to Etsy. I love all vintage clothing and I really look forward to learning from some of the more established sellers. I do collect the 70's and 80's clothing the most and I fall all over myself for anything punk and new wave. We all love what we grew up with don't we? I really look forward to checking out everyones shops and becoming more active in the Etsy community. Thank you for the invite!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Welcome everyone! I will come back later and make treasuries from all the new shops :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

A treasury I created with our newest shops - don't forget to tag your items with RVF so we can easily find you for treasuries!

https://www.etsy.com/treasury/Njk0MDcyMzF8MjcyNzc3OTI2OA/flowers-never-go-out-of-style
0 Likes

Hi Everyone, Karen here, aka The Honey Witch.
I started this Shop when I was unemployed, to sell off some of my extensive inventory of wacky vintage. NOW, it is a hobby and labor of Love. My full time job as a Director of Product Development for a Jewelry Designer takes up most of my time but I fit this in when I can..
If it speaks to me, I list it. There are no real boundaries on which Era's I prefer. :) I have a pretty wild imagination. My experience in fashion goes way back to the early 80's when I was a buyer for many years in a few high end Boutiques.
I don't use models since my budget does not allow for the kid of photo shoots that I would want if I did. SO, I do my best with my old dress form. Sometimes it is easier to see the fashion this way as well.
I am in Hong Kong at the moment and will be back soon with a bunch of new listings!! Have a temp 10% off sale until 9/23/15.
Thanks!
Karen
0 Likes

Hey everyone! I am Julie Rie and I have been collecting vintage since the late 70s. I started my Etsy shop, Carolina Thrift Chick over 2 years ago selling 70s clothes, the clothes I grew up with as a kid. I love mid century and earlier styles but they are not as easy to find, and so I started adding 80s and early 90s stuff to the shop to share with others (if you originally wore it, it's not so cool to wear it 20 years later- 80s night makes me laugh and cringe at the same time). As an old retail chick, I do this because I love it. Outside of the Etsy world, I am a NCIDQ certified commercial interior designer and a partner in an architecture firm besides being a mother to a teenager. Yeah, I am busy. Thanks for inviting me to the group!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Cool Julie, I am a landscape architect and work as a planner (for now) :)

I also started selling the 80s and 90s stuff begrudgingly at first, and then realized that the 60s stuff I love and consider vintage never seemed vintage to my Mom, she still shakes her head at it the same way we do about the 80s. What goes around comes around in fashion. I love mixing styles and eras and want to give others that same ability. My clothing shop is new, I have had the other shop (spacemodyssey) for about a year now and it's doing well, but I wanted the clothes to be able to take center stage and not be hiding among the Pyrex. I am still trying to figure things out, it's a bit of a learning curve. For example, I have decided not to bother buying any more vintage flannel "grunge" shirts because etsy is just flooded with them. I want my shop to be for unique items. I have a dressmaker's dummy and a mannequin and occasionally a model.

0 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Carrie and I'm a vintage clothing collector, seller and hoarder. :) I have been buying and wearing vintage clothing for almost 25 years. I opened a shop back in 2000 but sadly had to close it's doors in 2004. I found Etsy and started selling again but isn't wasn't until a few years back when I moved to Pittsburgh that I decided to go full force back into the business!
My favorite decade for vintage is the 70s though I love the mod clothing of the 60s as well.
Nice to meet all of you and looking forward to being part of this team!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

It's great to hear from all of you. I made a treasury of just the shops that regularly post, because I want you to know that this little team values you!

https://www.etsy.com/treasury/Njk0MDcyMzF8MjcyNTMwNzI1OQ/thanks-rvf-team
0 Likes

Greetings to all ! I stumbled upon this team by accident. So happy to see many new faces and looking forward to playing games and making treasuries together.
I am professional seamstress. Fashion of the 80s is my personal favorite and that is what my shop mostly sells.
Cheers
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Welcome Cherry :) Thanks for joining!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.