Former_Member
Not applicable

Shipping Pyrex

Love Pryex. Love Finding Pyrex. HATE shipping Pyrex.

I find it hard to even list some of the pryex I find to sell, because I fear the shipping fee is going to to much more than the sale. Any tips for shipping pyrex to keep costs (for you and the consumer) down? Thanks in Advance!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Shipping Pyrex

I've been using those larger air pillow bags to protect items during shipping. Luckily I get them free from my day job (Staples uses them to pack office supplies). It's not much help, but air is lighter than paper and every ounce helps!

Also, depending on how you pack and what product you sold, flat rate boxes can end up being a bargain. Nested mixing bowls get pretty heavy, but fit in a large flat rate box.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks Vintageatchirp. I love the flat rate boxes for my heavy items. I've started to think sets of three for the pyrex might be the way to go. That way the buyer gets a better product to shipping ratio.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

@ nellsvintagehouse
I'm with you on that one. I have started to work on collecting groups of pyrex to list. It just doesn't seem to work out for the profit margin to sell just one casserole or bowl.
0 Likes

Shipping breakables terrifies me! I've found that I shy away from even listing these items! I think my shipping costs do scare people off, because I opt to use FEDEX instead of Canada Post to ship breakables. It is quicker, and at least you can collect insurance if something does break! Canada Post will not pay out insurance on any glass, ceramics that break in transit! Dem bums!! :)

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I ship a lot of glass - USPS regional rate boxes are often cheaper than flat rate priority and parcel post but you have to order them (they're free, just requires advance preparation).

I also get giant boxes of bubble wrap in bulk (cheaper that way) and use paper only to pad around the edges to reduce weight.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

@Stephanie - I've seen the regional rate boxes on USPS, but haven't used them. I assumed they were the same price as the flat rates. How do they work exactly?
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.