BorealisSeaGlass
Community Member

Email from Etsy Trust and Safety

Jump to solution

I received and email from Etsy Trust and Safety team telling me that my shop has received a high volume of buyer complaints in relation to it's volume. As a result, it says my shop is below their customer service expectations. 

How can that be? I have 1000's of sales and a 5 star rating. I rarely get poor feedback. It also states this can lead to acct suspension. I'm so confused.

Anyone ever deal with this? 

10 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JDCreativeHands
Community Member

Re: Email from Etsy Trust and Safety

Jump to solution

https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/were-just-a-phone-call-away/505439329497

It's possible your shop may be confused with another with a similar name.

Contact Etsy and let them explain.

Also I hope the email didn't tell you not to share the email information.  Etsy's a little sticky on that even if it is an error.

6 Likes
167 Replies
ChenilleBliss
Community Member

Jump to solution

You really should ask Etsy to explain.

2 Likes
BorealisSeaGlass
Community Member

Jump to solution

I did send them an email.....we will see if they actually respond. 

2 Likes
SpecialBeauty
Community Member

Jump to solution

BorealisSeaGlass:  The problem may be that it is illegal to sell rocks gathered on Alaska public lands/parks.   Here is a google link:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Is+it+illegal+to+sell+rocks+and+shells+from+Alaska+public+land?

Hope this helps

3 Likes
cindylouwho2
Community Member

Jump to solution

@SpecialBeauty   the OP posted a month ago, & is probably not following this thread any more. And you don't get this email for that type of violation - you just get the items removed. 

2 Likes
artbyjocelyn
Community Member

Jump to solution

It seems suspicious to me, you'd think You'd have heard from atleast one complaint buyer then.

1 Like
SerenityStraws
Community Member

Jump to solution

I have also had 1,000+ sales and I received that "less than wonderful" email too.  I did contact Etsy and yes, they are the ones who sent it.  They said I have had 2 buyers that left a low feedback, one was 3 stars and one, I think 2*.  I was getting alot of orders and since then, I haven't had one sale.  I am seriously considering closing my account. We don't deserve to be treated like this, they made a ton of $ from our sales and this is the way they treat us???  Neither of the low feedbacks ever contacted me about their issue.  I have always resolved any issue that I was aware of, and I told Etsy this.  It made no difference.  So, to the rest of you who got that letter, you can say goodbye to your orders.  This is Etsy's way of showing their appreciation for us selling on their site.  I am ticked!

13 Likes
AveryBlake
Community Member

Jump to solution

Look at the sender's address.  It may not even be from Etsy.  We get multiple spoof emails from various sources daily.  If something seems "off", it probably is.

9 Likes
SerenityStraws
Community Member

Jump to solution

Yes, it is from Etsy.

0 Likes
ThePurplePuppy
Community Member

Jump to solution

I think in this instance I would try the phone call and ask  why this happened.  Also look at the actual address it was sent from. IT may be a "spoof" email, not from Etsy

4 Likes
SerenityStraws
Community Member

Jump to solution

no spoof, it is from Etsy, I got it too.

1 Like
JDCreativeHands
Community Member

Jump to solution

https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/were-just-a-phone-call-away/505439329497

It's possible your shop may be confused with another with a similar name.

Contact Etsy and let them explain.

Also I hope the email didn't tell you not to share the email information.  Etsy's a little sticky on that even if it is an error.

6 Likes
BorealisSeaGlass
Community Member

Jump to solution

Thank you for the number! I called them :)

0 Likes
AuntSusansCloset
Community Member

Jump to solution

@BorealisSeaGlass    From Etsy's Help Center:

"If you receive a suspicious email that says it is from Etsy, please let us know by forwarding it to spoof@etsy.com."

4 Likes
RoyceLaneCreations
Community Member

Jump to solution

@AuntSusansCloset If it wasn't that another seller I am talking to had her shop suspended after getting the same email, I would think it was a spoof. But, sadly, it isn't. There are sellers getting their shops suspended. It does not make sense to me. I received the same email. I have 10,000+ sales and a 5-star rating. 

5 Likes
FRANCISBEL
Community Member

Jump to solution

What Etsy tell you?

0 Likes
PrettyPaperBits
Community Member

Jump to solution

This exact thing has happened to me.  I have over 3000 sales and a 5 star rating.  I will also try calling them.

0 Likes
SerenityStraws
Community Member

Jump to solution

trust-and-safety@etsy.com

0 Likes
RockYourNose
Community Member

Jump to solution

I'm dealing with this (or attempting to) right now as well. I also received this email the morning before yesterday and reached out to Etsy support for an understanding of what's happening, but nobody has gotten back to me yet. I have 40,500 + sales, I've been here since 2009, 5 star rating, and I don't get it. Still waiting to hear from Etsy. 

4 Likes
bythebeadtoo
Community Member

Jump to solution
2 Likes
FallenAngelBrass
Community Member

Jump to solution

When you click "reply" what is the email address?  That will tell you whether the message came from Etsy or not. Only Etsy will be able to use @etsy.com

0 Likes
PrettyPaperBits
Community Member

Jump to solution

noreply@etsy.com

0 Likes
SerenityStraws
Community Member

Jump to solution

I just replied to the email and they got it and did reply.  It was like talking to a wall.  It can be summed up like this, 'do it their way or the hiway'.

0 Likes
artbyjocelyn
Community Member

Jump to solution

This sounds like a phishing email, to be honest.
Let us know, anyone who finds out, if it was.

3 Likes
RoyceLaneCreations
Community Member

Jump to solution

@artbyjocelyn  It isn't a phishing email. I got one, too. The email is being sent from noreply@etsy.com

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.