Former_Member
Not applicable

How long does it take to see Stumble views?

I am new to using Stumbleupon to promote our shop and have seen a view here and there which I have to attribute to people in the team stumbling my items but have not really seen an increase in traffic from it. How long does it normally take to see more views?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
18 Replies
olganna
Inspiration Seeker

Re: How long does it take to see Stumble views?

I see tons of views everyday - maybe 50 - 300. The same items always come up its focused on 2 bags, I don't understand the rhyme or reason to that logic as I have every item from my shop on there. I do not believe it has brought sales but definately more traffic.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

How long had you been using stumble before you saw the views start coming in?
0 Likes
EbonyShaeDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

I find stumbleupon completely random so far!

I have a few items on there, and mostly I get one or two views a day from there, but one day after the team had liked my dinosaur slippers I had 150 views just on that, from stumble. I am starting to wonder how much having a following matters - like on pinterest????

But to answer the original question, usually only a few days....
0 Likes
OrangeDogCrafts
Inspiration Seeker

I usually see immediate views, lasting at most 1 day. Then nothing, no more traffic from stumble. The most views I got were around 30. The average is more like 10 views. As far as I can tell, people don't leave the stumbled page & look at any other items in my shop. Also, I have not seen any sales from it.

Mandy :)
0 Likes

Amazing - As of this writing, (8PM EST) the stumbled views for the first day are at 214. Thank you to the team for this.
I just joined both stumble and this team one day ago. No sale yet, but, got
to have exposure, then sales.
0 Likes
KQCreations
Registered Buyer

When I first joined Stumble, I saw hundreds of views the next couple of days. Lately, I've been lucky to get any. I'm starting to wonder if it's worth my time.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have experienced the same - 1 item garnered 150+ views in a day, otherwise 1 or 2 a day and then nothing. I like stumbleupon because of the ease of use, but I like pinterest. If someone clicks on your item, its because they want to - not because the site randomly came up.
0 Likes
OrangeDogCrafts
Inspiration Seeker

Hmmmm, I'm going to keep on stumbling, but I tend to agree with Rachel J. It does not do much good if no sales are going to come from it. Someone I stumbled a few days ago has as of this moment over 1300 views from my stumble. However, the item is still for sale, so???....

I might look into pinterest eventually. But all this trying to get noticed stuff is really wearing me out. I feel like all I do anymore is rewrite my tags, rephotograph, & just plain redo everything. Then throw stumble, facebook, & everthing else on top of it. I'm finding it hard to focus on just the joy of creating.
0 Likes
KQCreations
Registered Buyer

I agree with you Mandy. I'm getting tired of chasing the next great thing for getting my shop out there. I've been waiting 2 weeks for my invite request to go through Pinterest.

I'm looking forward to next week. Taking a break to focus on family.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for all the comments guys. I feel the same way about the amount of time I spend 'getting noticed" Mandy. We are a very new shop so unless we have an ad running on Etsy we are not getting any views (1 view so far today since I let the ad run out). When I post something new it will jump up a bit for a day or two, but then nothing again. If I don't sit here all day and work at it, then we won't ever get out there it seems. I know you have to spend money to make money, but I would rather focus on the marketing options that will actually get us views and sales. Thanks again guys.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am gonna have to agree with Mandy's post.....I have spent this entire month promoting on other social networks, not just myself but others as well....My views have increased, but no sales yet.....:( I have re-photographed, re-named, re-tagged....everything the forums suggest to do....I am very discouraged, and it doesn't leave much time for creating.
0 Likes
OrangeDogCrafts
Inspiration Seeker

Hey Sonja! Just wanted to say hi. I keep seeing you in the threads . It's like running into an old friend.

HippieChicJewels thoughtfully posted this in this forum & I think it is well worth reading.
http://www.etsy.com/teams/10894/promote-thru-stumbleupon-ect/discuss/9447164/page/1/

One of the points that I focused in on on, is getting noticed by stumblers by discovering pages. When I discover them & write the 1st review, my user name is shown at the top of the screen. This means stumblers might come check out my profile & look at my Etsy shop as I have a link in my profile. I think this may be the most useful, less time consuming, & least soul crushing way to utilize stumble.

Mandy :)

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Mandy, that's a good point on leaving reviews. It helps the Stumbler get noticed too. Generally though, if you are going to do a favor to Stumble someone, it really works much better when a review is left.

I think some of the Stumbles that others have left for me have been lost when no review is left. I'm not meaning that everyone should leave a review, but when no review is left when prompted. Otherwise they are more likely to get lost in Cyberspace without being categorized well.

So other than that being a possible factor, some days something that is Stumbled in my shop does really well and I've gotten a sale or two from it, but other times I rarely get any views on an item. I think it really depends on how viral your item becomes and maybe some luck of the draw if it lands into a poplular Stumblers hands who can get it seen by more people and then it can possibly take off like crazy.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hiya Mandy~I keep seeing you too girlfriend! Thanks for the link! I'm going to read it now, & see what else we can all do as a "team" to help each other out. Everyone just keep listing those great new items, and don't give up~and as we get new information to make it work for us, make the adjustments as needed, and hopefully it will pay off in the long run!
Cheers~
Sonja
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

You rated on Dec 15, 12:58am

wonderful items in this shop! Love the pink floral handbag here:
etsy.com/listing/39913738/shoulderbag-hand-bag-purse-quilted-ba [etsy.com] g?ref=af_you_favitem
xo~Sonja
sassyfibersbySonja.etsy.com
0 Likes

I've been concentrating on Stumbleupon and Pinterest for a week and SU seems to work a lot better for getting views for me. But I think both options would work even better if more Etsians joined forces. Come on people, it works if we work together! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I joined and stumbled a bunch of people but no one stumbled me so I never got any views. I don't know how to post pic to this form. Or I would
0 Likes
BayleafButtons
Inspiration Seeker

I am on: Pinterest, Tumblr, Facebook, WeHeartIt & Stumble Upon: when I started using these sites there was no traffic or sales coming through but over time when you build your fan base or your items keep popping up people do take notice. I found since joining this team a jump in Stumbles to my items as well as all the other views from other social networking sites.

I think one thing people have to take notice is perhaps you don't your shop or the items you sell don't fit the social networking site you are on- take Twitter. Twitter does me no good, my items are very visual and they work better on a visual networking site rather than a text base one. So I stopped tweeting and I focus my attention on those other sites like Pinterest/Facebook/WeHeartIt and my new blog.

Views are good, the more views you get means the more likely someone is to see your item and if they like it-buy it. Or better yet see your item an refer a friend who would buy it and that does happen. For instance in my traffic I see tons of mail/inbox type urls like (mail.yahoo.ca) where someone has emailed a link to someone else to look at.

Just my opinion though :) & good luck to everyone :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.