Highlighted
IncaQueenHandcrafts
Registered Member

to sell: Paypal business is necessary?

hello. in order to sell on etsy, can I use a Personal Paypal account or does it need to be a business account?
0 Likes
8 Replies
oddsnblobs
Community Member

Re: to sell: Paypal business is necessary?

You can use a personal account but if you get a business account (you will need a business number so your business would have to be registered) it will allow you to do financial reports.

i hope that helps a little :)
0 Likes
EDCCollective
Community Member

It is against PayPal TOUs to take payments for items sold into a personal account.
0 Likes
oddsnblobs
Community Member

Really? Dang there would be a heck of a lot of people breaking their TOU :/
0 Likes
GoldenStoneBazaar
Community Member

As far as I know PayPal's Personal account can't accept credit cards payments, free upgrade to Premier or Business account is necessary.
0 Likes
ALikelyStory
Community Member

There is a limit to how many payments you can accept with a personal account before Paypal forces you to upgrade to a Premiere account, so I doubt that many people are using them.

A business account is not necessary.

I was not asked for a "business number" (I'm not sure what you mean by that) when I upgraded to a business account on Paypal.
0 Likes
leatherpatternstore
Community Member

If you are in a country that accept Etsy Payments, then that is what you will have to use. You can no longer have a stand alone PayPal.

0 Likes
kitfreeman
Community Member

If you are in a country that takes Etsy payment then you don't even need a Pay Pal account. It will be integrated in with Etsy payment and will go through that instead of Pay Pal.
0 Likes
GoldenStoneBazaar
Community Member

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.