ExtremeCreation
Community Member

Etsy Ads Daily Budget. What are others paying for ads?

Today I thought I would share some info. So today I did a $1 daily budget for ads  which I turned on at around 11:42 am. Its now 2:34 pm and I have already reached by daily budget. Its seems I got 9 clicks which comes out to around 11 cents per click in less than 3 hours, no sales. I got 92 ad views but that really doesn't seem to matter as those did not turn into sales and neither did the clicks.

I would like to know other sellers would like to share their numbers on how much they are charged per click just to get a better insight on if this is worth it.

4 Likes
29 Replies
JDCreativeHands
Community Member

Re: Etsy Ads Daily Budget. What are others paying for ads?

The Advertising page shows what the budget is spent on.  Simply divide the number of clicks into the cost and that will give you what the cost per click is.

From there you need to determine if it is worth it for your shop.  Knowing what others have as cost per click won't help because each shop is different with different items.  

2 Likes
ExtremeCreation
Community Member

I understand on how to determine the cost per click. That's not what I was asking about but thank you for stating that for anyone who is trying to find out . Its just for information only on what others are paying. I understand the "bids" or cost per click will vary from shop to shop as everyone has something different but I would still find it interesting to know as before we were able to choose what we wanted to pay regardless of what item we sell and not have them choose for us. 

0 Likes
DreamIntoEternity
Community Member

I have used the Etsy ads and usually $1 a day I have had about 3 sales in a month my Store has only been open I think I spent half of what I sold on ads for me it was worth it. 

0 Likes
dlgNurseryBoutique
Community Member

I set my budget at 5.00 a day and within an hour I received 32 clicks.  That is about .16 per click!  My budget was sucked up within 1 hour.  That’s ridiculous.  There are some days I’ve seen them charge around .20 a click. Etsy needs to go back to the time where we could set how much we want to spend per click.

3 Likes
ExtremeCreation
Community Member

Wow! For a small shop like mine, I simply could not afford $5 a day and then to have it eaten up within an hour? Noooooo. I'll have to find a way to advertise on other platforms for free. I would love for them to go back to the old way of pay per clicks. 

5 Likes
Vintageables
Community Member

@dlgNurseryBoutique -- I can't see how  a small seller can afford to advertise.  Now the t-shirt seller that makes $90,000 per year and is seen both in ads and with his merchandise on the first page, he/she can afford to pay to be seen.

3 Likes
FliptasticLeos
Community Member

My budget started at $1, but it was not last the day. I have slowly increased it. Now I am at $3.22, average price per click $.06. I have had decent sale with sales coming EA about 65%. So I will continue using them.

It's nice to hear how others are doing or what they are doing, but try not to compare... all shops are different. Find your nitch that's when EA work.

1 Like
SprinkleOfMoonMagic
Community Member

Sorry, as a completely new seller on Etsy I’m not sure what you mean by clicks? Would someone be kind enough to explain this please? Thank you. 

0 Likes
ExtremeCreation
Community Member

I hope this helps but if anyone else can clarify better, please do so as I would hate to give incorrect information. 

Clicks. Example: Someone goes on Etsy to search for an item. They type in what they are interested in in the search bar and a page of related items pull up. As they go through the pages of items, they may see an particular item that interests them in which they what to look at the details of that item so they "Click" on that item. There are only see the listing for that item and the details for it. Price for clicks is when a seller pays Etsy to advertise their listings so that those listings (items) can be seen on the first few pages of the searches, with the hopes of getting more sales. I hope this helps.

1 Like
ExtremeCreation
Community Member

I forgot to mention that my understanding clicks are also referred to as views for your listings.

0 Likes
theprincessandpea
Community Member

I only advertise my top 5 items  and my daily budget is $1. When I advertised my whole store it was suck out within an hour.

3 Likes
ExtremeCreation
Community Member

I only advertised  3 items today and my $1 daily budget was gone in less than 3 hours

1 Like
vintage4creations
Community Member

I budget $2 per day on 44 listings at approx .11 cents per click.  Some days the budget is spent by noon, mostly it lasts at least into the late afternoon.  My return for the last 30 days has been 18:1 which is actually better than when we had promoted listings.  I've decided to advertise new listings provided that I have several in stock or are able to continue making the same item and then give them a week or so before I look at them again.  Any listing that seems to be eating up a lot of the daily budget with clicks gets turned off.  

2 Likes
Bsthisandthatshop
Community Member

I thought i remember reading it was .13 per click. But i have been billed as high as 1.03 per click and even charged .33 on a day tgat my stats said i had no clicks. Then I read that you compete for ad spots or so to say bid on the opportunity to have your item shown. Price per click is all over the map. 

1 Like
ExtremeCreation
Community Member

I would freak at paying $1.03 per click. 33 cents to me is high as well. I simply find it frustrating not being able to choose your our bid prices like before. At least when the other shop with high bids reached their daily budgets, then those with lower budgets would pop up more on searches. 

I had 2 best sellers before the this new ad method took place and now with the over $35 free shipping my items are difficult to find under the common search words people would look up. I did the $35 over free shipping to get "Priority" in searches and that has not shown to work for my shop. Hopefully for others that have gone into the over $35 free shipping thing, get better results. 

I hoped that doing ads would help but for me, as for the past recent months, with the high bids they charge without our control of the bidding price and only control of the amount for daily budget, I simply debate weather its worth it or not. 

0 Likes
CraftyCornishMaids
Community Member

I turned them off just after etsy ads came in, I was on $1 a day before, and using about 15c for all day, and getting quite a few sales from them

I was charged 43p plus 9p VAT, for one click, because my item was white, it was the only word that matched ... it was just a curiosity click, it was not what they were looking for at all.

until etsy can work out it's SEO, my ad money is going towards chocolate cake.

12 Likes
Donobob
Community Member

LOL

You may get fat before Etsy changes this.... ROFLMAO.

Enjoy the cake.

1 Like
bobsiDi
Community Member

LOL. Good for you. I have turned mine off today for a trial period as I don't think it is worth it if you are a small shop.

2 Likes
ExtremeCreation
Community Member

Can't go wrong with chocolate cake for a chocoholic like myself. 

0 Likes
ExtremeCreation
Community Member

bobsiDi  I do that as well. Maybe during lunch time or in the evening when I would think people may have time to do more searches but then again some people work evenings to it still a guessing game. 

0 Likes
CarpetCollectionAU
Community Member

I have noticed a strange thing happening just today!

I have 4 active Shops and just left Etsy Ads on for the first Month

When Etsy Ads came into effect all 4 saw Daily Budget, which had previously lasted 24 hours, spent in just a few.

CPC increased 4 to 5X

So I began to "play" with Etsy Ads to try to "control" Daily Spend.

However, I did read advice in Forums to leave Etsy Ads alone and allow the AI to work out the best spend. 

So I left one Shop untouched.

Up until today, this Shop spent $ 10.00 Daily Budget in 12 hours every day @ average of 0.42 per click

Today, I have had 11,000 views and 53 Clicks at an average of 0.20 per click and the$ 10.00 Daily Budget lasted 24 hours.

Perhaps the AI is now working better?

Let's see what happens tomorrow

0 Likes
ExtremeCreation
Community Member

I'm happy that its working for you. I could only dream to have 11,000 views in one day. I currently could not be able to set a daily budget of $10 only to be used in 12 hours. Hopefully in the future, my shop could be so successful as I'm looking into selling more crafts and items I make to sell. 

Please let keep us updated.

0 Likes
IglinzCrafts
Community Member

I noticed that too. I don't advertise my whole shop, only a few bestsellers and the new ones to gain some data. I paid average 0.08 per click before, but since a few days the cost per click goes down. Yesterday it was 0.05 per click, which is about what I paid with the old PL.

0 Likes
CatsBeadKitsandMore
Community Member

I used up my low daily budget in 3 clicks. I turned them off after 2 weeks. They are just too expensive to use. I also don't like that I can no longer set the price per click.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.