Former_Member
Not applicable

How do you stay organized?!

Hey Posh Nursery teammates!

I am looking for some help/advise on how to stay organized. The vast majority of my orders are custom, and although I dont have too many orders at once (yet), I haven't figured out the perfect way to keep them organized. I tried an excel sheet but I am bad at updating and checking it. For the most part, I just keep messages as "unread" in my gmail until the order is filled, but there must be a better way!

How do you do it?!

Thanks!
Annie
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: How do you stay organized?!

I keep a notebook of invoices/notes and a calendar. I schedule orders as soon as they come in. I would be lost without my calendar! I also place my emails in folders, so I can find them when it's time to begin the work. :)
0 Likes

I keep both an excel spreadsheet for inventory and one for sales. I also keep the emails in my inbox too until they are completed. It keeps it front of mind for me. I tried a notebook but i always leave it around the house somewhere and can't find it (lol) At least I know where the computer is. You could try a card system where you make a card up for each custom order and file them in a recipe box and then move them to the back once filled (?)

good luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thats a great idea!! I do the same things with email, but sometimes it just isn't enough, The card system seems like a good one. I'm going to try that now.
Thanks!

What does everyone else do?
0 Likes

It sounds pretty simple and basic but I kind of like the card system in a good old fashioned *recipe box* --- ready at all times, has all the info needed incl shipping address and whatever I add, can then move to back of box when completed.

I know all this is in my SOLD stats on Etsy but the box would be right on my desk when needed.

I keep all my emails too but my computer is not in the same room as my studio-craft room :)

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.