Some headlines are quite shocking, sometimes humorous, and all have one thing in common-They're designed to make us Want to read the story!

Let's take a look at "Today's Headlines", and see what it is they want us to know. My choices are random headlines at any given time, day or night.

DECEMBER 23, 2018

SANTA TRACKER WILL RUN DESPITE GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN- AP

U.S. PLAN TO KEEP ASYLUM SEEKERS IN MEXICO SOWS CONFUSION-REUTERS

RUSSIA'S U.N. ENVOY ON U.S. RELATIONS: "WE DON'T WANT TO BE LOVED,"JUST "RESPECTED""- CBS
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

Re: The Headlines

Did you all see this headline today?

"Supreme Court allows transgender military ban to go into effect"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/22/politics/scotus-transgender-ban/index.html

Seems like they are allowing it for now. Since one is disqualified for so many reasons I see no reason to accept these individuals. You can be disqualified for so many things there is no reason to make exceptions just for one group.

what are your thoughts?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

@EnergyPeace wrote:

Did you all see this headline today?

"Supreme Court allows transgender military ban to go into effect"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/22/politics/scotus-transgender-ban/index.html

Seems like they are allowing it for now. Since one is disqualified for so many reasons I see no reason to accept these individuals. You can be disqualified for so many things there is no reason to make exceptions just for one group.

what are your thoughts?

Any transgender who joined during the Obama implementation of this is permitted to stay, I believe.

0 Likes
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

in fairness I think they should be allowed to stay, however, their orientation and issue is their problem, just as that is how military is set up. if anyone takes medicine and hormones, they may be disqualified to serve and get medical leave. it is often done and I see no reason to make exceptions to certain groups. the military is not the place for special treatment.

0 Likes

If you all only knew what I had been through to find this team again. lol This is going to take some serious getting used to.

Glad to see we are all somewhat back online and I hope everyone enjoyed the 2 week hiatus. Crazy stuff happening in the news as always.

3 Likes

It's good to be back. These changes to Teams and Forums are a bit overwhelming.

I'll be talking politics once I figure out this new format.

I hope everyone that wants to talk about today's political headlines can find this team.

2 Likes

Hiya Rare! Glad to see you online 😊 I used to receive email notifications when anyone would post but I'm not seeing them anymore. Hopefully everyone will be able to find their way here. You're right, this is indeed going to take some time to get used to.

2 Likes
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

Talk about headlines, what is up with Buzzfeed refusing to accept Muellers information?

I thought it was very odd they stand by their story , despite the fact it is about information with Mueller involved. It almost makes me wonder if after all this time, when the left have been howling their support for Mueller, they are paving way to discredit whatever report he may show when completed if they are unhappy with it?

1 Like

I have no idea.

I think Buzzfeed looks foolish.

I think Mueller's report will be a big disappointment for many.

How can he justify all the time he spent on the "investigation". What was he investigating? Oh. I forgot. Russion Collusion. Maybe he thinks if he drags it out long enough, some Russian Collusion will happen. Ha ha ha! Oh wait. It already did. Hillary can tell him all about it.

2 Likes

Long time no see...Hi Irene! B/F has a heck of a lot to worry about at this point. If they're still in business this time next year, I'll be really surprised. What an absolute cluster their reporting is but then again...the source speaks volumes. It comes across as a second rate tabloid. I just can't understand how everyone fell hook line & sinker for such garbage the minute it broke (Or maybe I can).

Now you've got the whole Covington debacle within a matter of days of it which has spiraled so far out of control it's not even funny. I feel so bad for these boys and their families let alone anyone that attends school there.

Rare, I think you're absolutely right. BIG disappointment for many for sure. But will that be the end of the never ending witch hunt? Who knows o-O

0 Likes

Check 1-2-3   Check 1-2-3   Lookie at me.  I'm not muted!

3 Likes

Ha, thats awesome! WELCOME BACK 🎉

0 Likes

Breaking News: Muller Investigation (supposedly) Close to Completion.

Wondering if Mueller can define 'close'. Does that mean another year or so or just a week? We'll just have to wait and see I suppose. Hopefully there won't be a 'black ops' style raid on the White House for some silly unrelated charges. That's been done before o-O To this day, I still see no direct collusion of Trump and Russia...Am I wrong?

0 Likes

Just in case anyone still peeks in from time to time 😊

"Bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee admits: No collusion."

Not a real shocker of course but it's still nice to see it in black and white none the less. Hope everyone is doing wonderful! ❤

3 Likes

In the wise words of Jussie Smollet himself:

"Who is more to blame? A Devil who spreads obvious lies or a fool who chooses to believe those lies and pass them along? 🤔"

Karma is a real ***** huh. 😊

2 Likes
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

I can't believe how stupid he is. Honestly, some need to look themselves in the mirror and ask who is really causing the  divisiveness and being hateful, in America today. just sayin'. I hope he gets federal charges also. 

media got all caught up with it and ran, they were yelling at talk show news programs about this incident. how about question something that really sounded totally fake from the beginning and not be so quick to hop onto the hate bandwagon. it is really sad to see that people are so angry because they are not getting their way, so they get so hateful. 

we have elections, we don't need to hate each other when we don't get our way. 

1 Like

Could not agree more! It's one thing for Jussie to fuel the fire but it really did come down to the 'lame' stream media as far as insighting such hate and rush to judgement.

0 Likes
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

I have also seen headlines that the Mueller investigation is wrapping up. About time. 

What I find interesting is that there are already excuses for why he didn't find anything on Trump? first, how do they know? and second, I had heard so much good about Mueller and now they don't trust him anymore? very confusing. Of course, we heard in the old thread that they were getting a xmas present from Mueller and that never happened. that was a "prediction" from someone if I recall it correctly. 

1 Like

Exactly, except that I'm reading that Mr. Schitt, errr Schiff is talking about opening another joke of an investigation regarding "Russian collusion". Where's the investigation into Schiff's reported meeting of Fusion GPS founder Glen Simpson last year?

1 Like

Could not help but to check back in and say Happy No Collusion. I don't know about anyone else but for some reason, I'm not joyful, I'm actually pretty angry. I really hope all these Russia peddling fools in the media and gov't alike all go down but I doubt it. Take care all ❤

3 Likes

Hi Chic! Nice to "see" you. I think most of us have been busy focusing on our business but I couldn't resist taking time out to pop in myself. I started this thread before I saw your post.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Political-Talk-Politics/HAPPY-NO-COLLUSION-WEEK/gpm-p/125720811#M178

0 Likes

I also feel anger that so much money was spent, so much time defaming the POTUS and his family and that they were successful in convincing many weak minded Democrats that a lie was true.  

They disgusting names that were repeated, like "spanky" that was a bald-faced lie.  I feel sorry for those who got conned by the Democrats in their childish attempt to discredit the President.

3 Likes
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

the name calling is patethic. very low and truly says more about the people who use the namecalling that the person they talk about.

yuck is all I can say. 

0 Likes

I have crossed party lines several times as I'm more of a centerist but after the past couple of years and what I've witnessed the Dems doing, I will never vote democrat again. 

1 Like

By the way, sorry I"ve been MIA.  The strong economy blessed me with a lot of orders and I had to turn away from politics to catch up.  Nice timing, this is!  

3 Likes

That's great! I know you've been keeping quite busy. I've been keeping pretty busy with my business and after Etsy shut down the old forums it was time for me to detox from politics. Sometimes I was so disgusted with the toxic nature of certain discussions, it left me feeling like I had to go take a shower and then put on some nice peaceful music. Much like watching CNN from time to time. LOL! Every now and then I'd tune into the Clinton News Network just for entertainment value as it confirmed where many got their talking points.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.