Former_Member
Not applicable

How many buttons do you guys sell? Daily? Weekly?

Hello all,

I am starting an etsy shop to sell pinback buttons very soon. It should hopefully be up in the next few days. I just wanted to know how many buttons everyone here sells. How much could I expect to start selling as a beginner and what could I expect for the future?

Thank You,
Paul
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: How many buttons do you guys sell? Daily? Weekly?

Sales probably are different for every shop that sells pin backs. My shop has had about 30 sales in 4 months. Rate of sales has slowly increased since opening.

Your sales will depend on a number of factors - How easy it is for shoppers to find your shop, where those shoppers come from, and whether or not you're selling a product shoppers want to buy.

Here are two links that will help you find customers; well, if do the stuff in these articles shoppers will be more likely to find your shop:

https://www.etsy.com/help/article/34234144469
https://www.etsy.com/help/article/247?ref=help_search_result

Do what is suggested in those articles and you'll be off to a good start. Read the entire Seller Handbook, too.

The two most important rules are, in my opinion:

1. Practice Patience.
2. Realize and understand there are no guarantees of success.

Rule number 1., good customer service, and doing what is in those two articles will go a long way towards reaching it.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the response. It had great information and is much appreciated. I will definitely read the seller handbook in it's entirety when I have the time.

Paul
0 Likes

I haven't posted on here in quite a while, but I would say that it's hard to determine how many buttons you will, or can hope to sell- this is like any other business, it has so many ups and downs- some months are super slow, some aren't- some days you'll get a few hundred views and no sales, other days you'll get 30 views and five sales, it's so hard to say, lol.

The best thing I've discovered is to have a good-sized inventory, work on your tags and use the entire 20 letters for each if you can....work on having your tags match your descriptions and titles...work on having some social media of some sort, like Facebook, Pinterest, etc.- and be patient! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am almost done with my shop (I should be opening it soon). To start off, I have 6 button designs for sale. I have also created 15 other designs but not all of those have been made yet. My hope is to open my shop and continue making more and more designs. Eventually, I should have a fairly large inventory and plenty to choose from.

I've got plenty of patience but not a lot of time. Haha. It's not a very good mix if you ask me.

Thank you for the advice!
0 Likes

No worries, Paul- I did the same thing- you start out with a few items and you just keep steadily adding to them- those who manage to start out with 200 different items are superhuman, and I'm not one of them, lol!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My shop just opened! I started out with six items. Now hopefully I can get a better quality camera.
0 Likes

Paul, if you have a smartphone try using it to take product photos. That's what I use and when I have good natural light they turn out well.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.