Problem setting up Pattern URL - Etsy tech support

Jump to solution

Okay - 

So I was all ready to set up to go with Pattern, but I can't get their URL to work. I've had Go Daddy make several changes to the domain that the Etsy help articles say needed to be done (Including A name and C name, whatever those are) and it's still not working. Go Daddy is saying that at this point I need to contact Etsy, and of course Etsy has no customer service/tech help phone number. I'm now seeing this as a major red flag. What if Pattern was the majority of my sales and there was a technical problem and I can't get in contact with anyone - it could take me months to figure it out and that would also mean missing months of paychecks. Go Daddy has since called me and offered me a website at a very reasonable price, they will do all the SEO work for me for the site and will align it with google SEO, and I can always get them on the phone, lol (even if I might be on hold for 5 minutes). What do you guys think I should do? It's been several weeks and I still don't have a website due to (probably me) not being able to figure out tech stuff. But the bottom line is I can't get tech help from Etsy and I CAN get it from other sites and I'm never going to be "technologically intelligent" on my own. If a site provider can't offer me timely tech support - is that worth the risk of using Pattern? 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem setting up Pattern URL - Etsy tech support

Jump to solution

Etsy does have a phone number.  But part of the reason I started this Team is because the Support staff's knowledge of Pattern seems minimal at best.

Only you can decide if Pattern is right for you.  One of the big reasons I choose to use it is because it keeps my inventory tracking in one place.  Having said that, Etsy's recent changes, as well as not having great SEO on Pattern, have made me consider looking elsewhere.  So you have to work out the pros and cons.  

Having said all of that, this is copied and pasted from a post made by WitticismsRus in a forum thread:

How to contact etsy support for sellers

There is a direct link to the support ticket page in every shops shop manager -

Shop manager- Community & help - Contact us.

That will open the page to start a support ticket. Some of the drop down options will provide a phone number 'call us' option to call an actual person to assist and other options only offer email option. Much like the prior 'request a call feature' you may have to get creative and select something that doesn't 100% match your issue in order to get the phone number. They have numbers for North America, the UK and Australia so far. I would post them here but etsy deletes if every time it is posted as they likely want folks to go through the support page ticket system. I have found that selecting 'more options' and then 'etsy rules & policies' always produces the 'call us' option and displays the phone number. Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Jump to solution

You can always forward your domain to your Pattern site.  That's what I do, and I haven't experienced any problems going that route.    I have my domain with GoDaddy as well.  I tried forwarding with masking but couldn't get it to take....or I may have been too impatient to wait for it.   I didn't want my site down for too long.    Forwarding also makes it easier if you ever want to leave Pattern/Etsy.....all you have to do is remove the forwarding on GoDaddy.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy does have a phone number.  But part of the reason I started this Team is because the Support staff's knowledge of Pattern seems minimal at best.

Only you can decide if Pattern is right for you.  One of the big reasons I choose to use it is because it keeps my inventory tracking in one place.  Having said that, Etsy's recent changes, as well as not having great SEO on Pattern, have made me consider looking elsewhere.  So you have to work out the pros and cons.  

Having said all of that, this is copied and pasted from a post made by WitticismsRus in a forum thread:

How to contact etsy support for sellers

There is a direct link to the support ticket page in every shops shop manager -

Shop manager- Community & help - Contact us.

That will open the page to start a support ticket. Some of the drop down options will provide a phone number 'call us' option to call an actual person to assist and other options only offer email option. Much like the prior 'request a call feature' you may have to get creative and select something that doesn't 100% match your issue in order to get the phone number. They have numbers for North America, the UK and Australia so far. I would post them here but etsy deletes if every time it is posted as they likely want folks to go through the support page ticket system. I have found that selecting 'more options' and then 'etsy rules & policies' always produces the 'call us' option and displays the phone number. Hope that helps.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you everyone !

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.