Petition to Improve Pattern Support

This group has been very helpful to me in getting support for my Pattern site. I wasn't finding support anywhere else.

I'm starting this petition for people to sign if they want better Pattern Support.

You can "sign" by typing your Etsy Username and maybe any issue(s) and/or concern(s) you may have.

If you decide to sign this Petition to Improve Pattern Support, after a while passed, I will email and send a letter to Etsy with a list of these names and their issues, unless your issue was already mentioned in a previous post, and asking them to address us and our issues.

My hope is if we all address them as a group in a single message it might get them more interested in improving their seemingly non-existent Pattern Support.

Below, are some of the reasons I'm starting this Petition to Improve Pattern Support.

When "Pattern Help" in the Pattern Dashboard is clicked, it takes you to a page that is blank and shut down, other than saying "uh oh".

When "Success Center in the Pattern Dashboard is clicked, it also takes you to a page that is blank and shut down, other than saying "uh oh".

When contacting support through Etsy Help and clicking on Pattern, it takes you to agents that either don't know how to help, or say that you need to contact Pattern Support for help. Pattern Support doesn't seem to exist though. Last time, the agent said they were "connecting me with someone who can help", and then I didn't get connected. I waited for an hour and a half in the chat and kept asking if anyone was there and they never responded.

When trying to make a Custom Email Address for my Pattern site messages to be forwarded to my other email, it doesn't work. You click Done and the wheel turns but nothing saves after it stops turning.

When you Link Product Variants, it works in the Etsy store but not on the Pattern site.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
17 Replies

Re: Petition to Improve Pattern Support

PS: I bought my Domain through Pattern, so the Custom Email Address creation should work.

0 Likes
AtMemoryLane
Conversation Maker

1.  One suggestion would be to have an email or chat designation specifically for pattern users, rather than having to ask for someone that is knowledgeable.  This should show up for anyone that has an actual pattern shop.  If we had someone (even if it was just one person) that was actually knowledgeable with the where-with-alls about pattern this would be a game changer.

2. Another Suggestion is to UPDATE the info about pattern.  It is very outdated.

@ShadowGalleryShop, please add my name to your list.

1 Like

Great idea! You're right...Even just one knowledgeable person for Pattern support would be a big improvement.

1 Like

I honestly thought this petition would get more interest. It can't just be us 2 having problems getting support from Pattern. Is there a way to advertise this petition so more people know it exists?

1 Like

Also, I forgot I could just provide them a link to this post rather than rewriting it for Etsy, since Etsy has access to these forums. 🙂 I will think about what is the best way to approach this.

1 Like

I am signing the petition: @thumbwick

I would like to see the following Pattern features improved.

1. Item variations can't be linked to pictures.

2. Photo Gallery doesn't work on listing pages (stacked images must be used or no photos show)

3. Pattern support/help links go to empty pages.

4. Pattern buyers can't post reviews.

5. Users can't favorite items.

6. Etsy support isn't knowledgeable about Pattern issues.

2 Likes
LittleBotanical
Inspiration Seeker

I am shocked that there is no ostensible Pattern-specific help forum or contact via Etsy. Dead page links? This is outrageous. I am  waiting on calls from Support because none of the agents I have spoken to know how to navigate Pattern.

Signed, Lea

1 Like
FuzzyMug
Inspiration Seeker

I rarely pay attention to pattern, so I just realized today that new listings weren’t showing up there. I also feel stuck with keeping my website ties to Etsy so I don’t have to submit the sales tax. How does one even go about that with all the different state sales tax if you run your own site? Can the payment methods like PayPal remit taxes for you? Seems impossible. 

0 Likes

This should probably be a new topic, but I agree with you that states' sales taxes are the main reason I adopted Pattern as well.

States have annual thresholds below which a business doesn't have to deal with sales tax on its online transactions (if they don't have a physical presence in that state), and I'm fairly certain I won't exceed those. However, I still find my own state's sales tax cumbersome. I'm not so worried about submitting them at the end of the year, so much as actually calculating them at checkout.

Years ago I had an ecommerce site, and had to configure tax rates for every single ZIP code in my state. It was a total pain. As I understand it though, other ecommerce providers, like Shopify will also handle that part for you.

According to the Etsy seller handbook: "If you have a physical presence in a state where Etsy collects and remits state sales tax on your behalf, you may still be required to file a state sales tax return to that state. However, you will not have to remit any tax collected on your sales made through Etsy because we will remit these funds on your behalf." So the main difference, as far as I see it, is that with Pattern you won't have to remit any sales tax at year end, but with another ecommerce platform you might. I'm not sure how Amazon and eBay work though. My guess would be similar to Etsy/Pattern.

As to your first point: If a new listing isn't showing up on Pattern, it may be that you are using the new listing feature, which doesn't allow you to check Pattern as a sales channel. This infuriates me. You will need to start creating a new listing, and then when the banner at the top appears with "Welcome to your new, streamlined listing experience", click the "Switch to old version" button. That will allow you to select Pattern for the new listing.

If there is a moderator who wants to move this to a new topic, please do so.

Thanks,

Margie

1 Like

I think if ETSY spent some time improving Pattern and providing knowledgable assistance they would have many shops switching over. I had a Pattern site until a few days ago and switched over to WordPress and then once I realized the tax headache I've decided to return to Pattern. Unfortunately I'm having trouble connecting my domain. Does it typically take over 24hrs? I spoke on ETSY chat but it was evident this person knew nothing about Pattern.. I'm also signing the petition kayjaystudio88@gmail.com

1 Like

@KayJayStudio I think it can take over 24 hours sometimes.

Did you adjust your A and CNAME records?

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000337787-How-to-Connect-a-Third-Party-Domain-to-Pattern?...

1 Like
AbstractIsArt
Inspiration Seeker

Hi, I'm having this same issue. I transferred my domain to GoDaddy, and tried to return. How did you end up fixing it? THank you

0 Likes

@AbstractIsArt 

Your domain appears to be working, but it doesn't have an active SSL security certificate.  

Only Etsy can help you with that.

But first, as I asked above, did you adjust your A and CNAME records?

0 Likes
INTAROTIVE
Inspiration Seeker

I just signed up for Pattern & was feeling pretty stoked until I noticed no apparent way to apply free shipping / my shipping profiles didn't seem to matter? Now I see all this & I guess it's fine my new domain isn't ready yet so I can't update the links on my website, if Pattern is basically a facade. I'd sign a petition. I'd love to use the features people have listed, for this etsy shop as well as another endeavor for which I was considering using shopify. 

0 Likes
CraftBindings
Inspiration Seeker

Sign me up.... I cannot figure out the ratio for category images and then the main images in the category page list, to not be fuzzy! and to have the customization option also post in the patterns site really is important! @CraftBindings 

I wish there were more replies to this thread. 

It should be passed around on socials etc. 

I'm going to write a blog post and link it, tho I do not get many visits yet I would really like to have patterns changed!

1 Like

Fuzziness/blurriness is definitely an issue...which shouldn't be an issue, and there is no excuse for, because the images are crisp in the search results on Etsy's site.

0 Likes

Product videos aren't uploading to my Pattern site. Anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.