Pattern site not showing up in google search results

Right now the only way to find my Pattern site on google search results is to type the domain name into the search bar. Why doesn't it show up in the results when someone types in MY name? I am the account owner, the administrator, the contact, and I'm the one who the domain is registered to. Shouldn't it show up in google results when someone types in my name? My etsy shop shows up....so my pattern site should too, right?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
AtMemoryLane
Conversation Maker

Re: Pattern site not showing up in google search results

Sorry, I cannot help you.  Mine shows up.  Do you type your actual shop name?

0 Likes

When I type my shop name, the site shows up in the results, no problem. But, I want it to show up when I type MY name in...Since people might google me as the artist rather than looking up my shop name. There must be a way to get my shop to show in the results when someone searches my name...If anyone knows of a way to tell google my name is associated with that site, or some other method, please let me know.

0 Likes

I would set up an About page that includes your name.  I don't think google typically includes results based on domain owner, as that can sometimes be irrelevant.  You need to get your name onto the website.  

0 Likes

Through your own domain, you can get google know you exist, that's one way of doing it.  It sometimes takes months for google's bot crawlers to discover websites, pages and new updates ... it's kind of frustrating thse days, when you make changes to your product, having to wait so long to see if any new results work or not.

Again, if you do have yoru own domain, you can let google know of new updates including blog posts or new products instantly.

Hope this helps though it's very late.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.