romaarellano
Conversation Maker

New Pattern blog post: How to sell directly on Instagram

Hi fellow Pattern users. One of the benefits of having Pattern is the blog feature. I've decided to start using mine more now that I'm actually getting decent sales on Pattern. I used the blog feature early when I first set up my Pattern site, but then I fell off the wagon. Anyhow, I just published a new blog post, and it's about how to sell directly on Instagram...because, I'm finding it important to diversify revenue sources as Etsy ebbs and flows. So, if any of you are on IG and want to get into selling, read the post. And if you are selling on IG and see anything I've missed, let me know and I'll update the blog post. 

Here it is:

https://romaarellano.com/post/630414528523/how-to-sell-directly-on-instagram

Thanks for taking a look, and cheers.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
5 Replies

Re: New Pattern blog post: How to sell directly on Instagram

I like what you said about using PayPal over Venmo. PayPal will protect your sale if the buyer tries to scam you, Venmo will not. It's better to not risk it it to save a couple of dollars. It's like insurance.

0 Likes
romaarellano
Conversation Maker

Absolutely. And if the item is super expensive, probably best not to sell via IG. But I've sold and purchased items in the several hundred dollar range.

1 Like

Thank you for this!  I admit I haven't made it on to Instagram yet, but your explanation is clear enough that I'm tempted!   

1 Like

Honestly, most of my sales come from Instagram. I got rid of the Etsy Ads and just post my stuff on Instagram and Pinterest. I only have 500+ followers on Instagram, but they are all organic followers (not purchased followers to inflate your actual follower numbers) and want what I'm selling.

Edited to add that I usually just post a photo and say it's available at sufforama.com or etsy.com/shop/stufforama and they will buy directly from me without having to Venmo or use PayPal.

2 Likes
romaarellano
Conversation Maker

I often do that, too, @stufforama where I list an item then promote it on IG and folks go right there and buy it out. And more recently I'm trying to not even list it if I think I can sell it via IG only. That's kind of what has changed for me recently. A little less work.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.