How to arrange items for sale in Pattern

Jump to solution

I have a vintage site with (eventually) about 1000 items. I would like to be able to sort the order under each category so the ones I most want to promote appear on the first page, but there's no editability for this. 

I've just asked Etsy Pattern support about this - they agree it would be nice, but don't have a solution (v.helpful!) Have any of you any ideas? You can see what I mean on my website - www.layoesandmedlars.com.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to arrange items for sale in Pattern

Jump to solution

I renew the ones I want at the top.  There is no renewal fee in pattern, so you can do that as often as you like 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Likes
4 Replies

Jump to solution

I think each category automatically defaults to the most recent item listed shows first, or the most recent item sold and re-listed. The only way to control that would be when you first list your items, you would have to put each listing as a "draft," then publish each listing in the (reverse) order you want them to appear, but if you have multiples of one item, the listing order of that item will be out of place when it sells. So there really is no way to control the order on Pattern. It's just one of many flaws in the usability of Pattern's interface.

I looked at your website, it works very well in the category department. Until they allow us to have the banners like they have on the Etsy Plus pages, there really is no way to control the items individually. Which is a shame.

0 Likes
romaarellano
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

The only way I can control my Pattern ordering is by rearranging on Etsy. One word of caution: if you have Pattern only listings, they do not renew automatically. So always go to your Active listings, order by Expiration: Soonest First, and renew any Pattern listings that have not renewed. They will not get moved to the front of the line in your sections unless you renew them periodically. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I renew the ones I want at the top.  There is no renewal fee in pattern, so you can do that as often as you like 🙂

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help, chaps.  I had tried de-activating and then re-activating, but it didn't work, so I'm glad of the advice to renew the ones I want at the top. It doesn't work if they're on Etsy as well, of course, but it's still an improvement.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.