Featured Items

I have items that are only on my Pattern site that I would like to have as the featured items (on my pattern site).

When I go into my listing manager, I click the star to make them featured listings. However, when I then click on "manage" to move them to the top of my featured listings, those items do not show up.

I have made sure that there aren't too many featrued listings for them to show up, so that's not the issue.

Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone been able to make their pattern-only items the featured items?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Featured Items

The theme I use doesn't have the featured items, so I'm not much help.  You use the Zephyr theme, right?

My *guess* would be that Featured items work like Coupon Codes, meaning they work the same in both.  So you couldn't have different featured items in Etsy than you did on your Pattern site.  And if they are Pattern only items, that means they couldn't be the same in both, so therefore, they just don't show.  

Again, that's a guess, but knowing how the rest of this works, that would make sense to me.  

But maybe somebody using a theme that includes Featured items knows something I don't.  

0 Likes

@funkydreamsmosaicsyou are probably right. I find it frustrating, none the less. Pattern skips over my featured sections (which are at the top of my list with Etsy Plus), I wish they would take the same consideration on the Etsy side and just skip over any ineligible featured listings on the list. If that makes sense...

I'm considering switching themes. I might try one that has sections on the main page, so that I can bump my pattern only items to the top. This would potentially help with my black on black search bar issue too.

1 Like
AtMemoryLane
Conversation Maker

@IDreamofJewelry, Use your website editor in pattern.  That is where you add your featured items in pattern.  I know it sounds crazy, but you do not use the manager to do this task.  I found this out by stumbling on it, by accident.

This is why I feel this team is so very crucial; information that should be had SOMEWHERE here on etsy is not available concerning pattern.  Truly, a PITA.  It certainly would make all our lives so much easier if it were.

ETA:  I apologize for not answering this question a couple of months ago.  I just heard about this team today.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.