HelloFlytrap
Conversation Maker

Cricut Explore or Silhouette Cameo?

Hi, everyone! I'll be honest and joined expressly to ask this question. And may leave afterwards because I'm not really in the paper cutting business. But I appreciate any advice you can give! (I already posted a version of in the public forums.)

I'm trying to figure out if I could use a die cutting machine to set up a custom cutting pattern that uses a whole sheet, without much waste. For instance, for this product:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/215333851

If you look at the 2nd/3rd image, you'll see the trim marks. I'd like to be able to test new products of varying sizes relative to those trim marks. That is, using as much of the paper a possible, cutting edge-to-edge, etc. I also prefer to print on heavier paper -- up to 150#. Though I don't anticipate other materials, I'm intrigued by the choices with that Cricut.

I have read that the Cricut can handle more material types, but that the Sillhouette is more flexible. I tend to outsource most production, but the ability to do short runs with my own equipment would be most helpful.

Which would you recommend?

Thanks!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.