Former_Member
Not applicable

Tips worth knowing

On another team this was shared:
https://www.etsy.com/teams/7722/discussions/discuss/12755029/page/1

If you have seen great advice or tips that benefit us all please share it in this thread.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: Tips worth knowing

Hi Diana,
What is your thought about sending your products to other countries? Easy? Lots of demand from them? Safe?
Thanks!
Angela

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm interested in hearing the answer to this question as well.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Me as well! I've been hesitant to ship out of the country, but I've had just as much international interest in my items...It would be helpful if someone experienced with this has any advice. :)
0 Likes

My problem is trying to figure out the correct shipping to post. UGH! So I decided to not offer international until I figure it out. Though I do ship to Canada, because their rates are as easy to figure out as the US is.

I think it's safe to ship internationally, just don't ship until you are sure you have the money.But that's just my opinion :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Other than Canada I have shipped to the Netherlands, and few other countries in Europe. The first few times I did guess on my shipping price and adjusted from there. All the same I was pleasantly surprised at how simple it was.

Just remember to sign the customs order form before you tape it up! For me it was really just the same as shipping domestic.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for the information! I've been a bit weary to ship international as well, but only because I haven't taken the time to calculate the cost.
0 Likes
EmbroidDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

I have another shop on etsy and have shipped all over internationally. Shipping and using the etsy shipping labels make it very easy. The postal charts were re-done for 2014 making it more confusing. What has worked for me is to choose the more expensive rates. I did loose about $5,00 on one order, but for the most part, setting my shipping rates in this way has worked really well. If you are like me, rural, you can request a pick-up by USPS on USPS.com. Don't forget to take into account the cost of your shipping supplies in setting your shipping rates.
0 Likes

I have now shipped to Canada and Australia. I found it to be really easy and so far safe. I expanded my shipping to be worldwide.
0 Likes

I read something today from one of the top selling shops that said she started offering international shipping and never realized how much she limited herself by not doing it. We currently have a message on our home page asking international buyers to contact us if they are interested in buying a product, but we have no idea how many sales we miss out on from not having it.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I ship international and I LOVE it!! You get more sales! Most of my customers are from UK and Australia. I have also ship to Norway, Canada and New Zealand. Never had a problem. And most of those countries have the tracking number. I get nervous everytime I send something out of USA but also I get the same feeling when I send here in the States. Hope I help with your questions!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The only problem I have had in shipping international is with larger items. If your items in your shop can be shipped in a small box, its fine. However, some of my vintage items are not a standard size or weight, and when I tried to ship to the UK, the shipping cost exceeded the price of the item :( It's impossible to make a profit on larger items international, so I stick to US shipping for heavier, large items.
0 Likes

www.etsy.com/listing/260029357/230-sites-to-sell-and-promote-art-craft
www.etsy.com/listing/205392783/600-jewelry-keywords-top-etsy-keywords
www.etsy.com/listing/205381304/top-etsy-sellers-top-selling-shops-most
www.etsy.com/listing/205381486/980-gifts-keywords-top-etsy-keywords
www.etsy.com/listing/205393587/500-crochet-knitting-keywords-top-etsy
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.