Former_Member
Not applicable

Not showing in Etsy searches?

I'm really bummed out today after getting the Etsy newsletter, and seeing them promote feather fashion. I clicked through until I got to feather earrings, and I clicked through *every* single page and category I KNOW I included in words, tags, keywords, etc, and none of my four feathered earrings showed up.

Anyone know why? I don't see the point in paying a site, if I can't be found, and Etsy is the only popular site I know for selling things.

Also, how is it some people have things listed more than once, on an item where only one is available? Do they delete, then relist the item, so they stay in the front pages? I look at what they use for keywords, etc, and I'm not seeing a difference, and they're not a paid ad, nor are they a business with more than one person, if that makes sense. So what's the key I'm missing?

thanks for any thoughts or critiques!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Not showing in Etsy searches?

Angela
I have been on Etsy for 6 months with no sales. So don't feel bad.

I pay the minimum amount for Etsy to promote my items $5 per week.
I don't know what days they "promote" me. Perhaps on those days I may show up on the first few pages of the search.

I went to your shop and your tags look good.
Perhaps it's time to ask Etsy directly about your listings.

PS I have favored your shop and every item from the shop page. I heard this helps get you moved closer to the front of the search.

Let me know if you get any answers from Etsy directly. I am curious also.
Ellie
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey girls,

Same here... I'm still new but keep refreshing my "shop stats" page...praying to see the first sale!!!
Anyway I favorited both your shops..not just as a team member but cause you guys really have cool stuff..
I'm sure it'll pick up soon.

P.S
From what I read lots of treasuries help! I'm trying..
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

thank you for the responses. I forgot to come back and check for responses, I'm used to notifications lol I didn't ask Etsy about it, but I've seen a couple of the free web tutorials/seminars, read until I was more familiar with everything, and worked on building a stock. Oh, and I joined a few teams, and have noticed I'm being included in treasuries more and more. I'm hoping it will lead to more sales. wishing you guys well ! and I'll go fave your stores!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

i'm still having problems. I've checked my tags, title, etc, and I don't understand why I'm not showing up in searches. Today's email from Etsy, regarding trending jewelry, had a link to copper jewelry. I didn't find my piece when I searched. I even narrowed it all the way down to copper red earrings, and nothing. :( Anyone have any ideas? If someone has some time, it'd be great if you tried to find these in a search. Maybe I'm somehow searching wrong?https://www.etsy.com/listing/207773183/geometric-copper-wire-wrapped-earrings?ref=shop_home_feat_1
0 Likes

Hey Guys! Have you had any luck yet? I haven't had sales yet either and am needing advice on how to improve my search visibility.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

No luck yet. :(
any tips/advice how to be found on searches, is welcome. thx.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am posting some advice, its just taking me a while and its quite lenghty.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Angela,

I am a little late to this thread but I do hope I can give some useful advice.
I apologise in advance for spelling errors.

I found that I wasn't getting views in my first couple of months because I couldn't either find my items or if I could it was on the 11th page :(. Even when I was being quite specific it seemed I wasnt showing up very well.
However I have been trying a few things which seem to be helping.

First, I have taken out promoted listings for the very competitve markets and saturated markets so for me its the 'plushie' search. I don't spend much but what I do is spend in flashes, pausing the promotion during mid week and then spending approximately 3-4$ on the rest of the days. It means that I am starting to get views frrom the most popular search and sometimes come up on the 2nd page now at the most important times ! :)

Secondly, I believe refresing is a VERY important aid. I find once you refresh an item you do see some extra views. Make note thought, you are not visible immediately but a few hours later but you can get onto the first page (providing the items views and favourites are quite high). For how long though depends on other items being refreshed and added :(

Thirdly, teams really do help. I make sure the visit the clicking, trendathons and favouriting threads and participate. It really helped with how high some of my listings are.

Now I am starting to average about 20 views a day, several searches with quite a few favourites (and thats excluding the teams) which I am really happy about. Still need to get into tresuries though *sigh*

I have had a look at your shop and some of your tags aswell and it all seems good however the only other thing I could point out to you is the international market. In England I would be searching 'jewellery' with 2 L's not one. So you make want to update some tags with this in mind. I have to uses 'badges, pins and buttons to identify my badges.

Please let me if any of this can help you all, I am still without a sale online however it is not without trying!

The Cute Quipster
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheCuteQuipster?ref=pr_shop_more
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

thank you so much for the response. Things have become much better. I put in a lot of time learning about tags, changing up tags, titles, descriptions, refreshing, things you suggest.
Also, I've learned much more about picture taking, I saw an article about light bulbs, and I have never spent that much on a lightbulb, but I did, and picture taking is SO much less stressful now lol. So I went through and took new pics of items with not-so-great pics.
practice makes perfect!
and networking with other Etsy sellers has helped too!
But I can't participate too much in teams because I have to create my items too, as well as the pics, taking care of my shop, my biz facebook page, etc. And do the dishes. haha
I have also OCD'd out on looking for my stuff on Etsy LOL I've gone through lots n' lots of pages to find my items. When I do, I take note of tags I use, etc.
Also, getting my stock up helped a LOT. I didn't start out with but maybe 20 items?, maybe less..but having more means having more things pop up in searches.
I hope this helps someone else too!
ps..Cute Quipster, thank you also for the spelling suggestion!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.