I Would Love To Mentor

Hello. My name is Melissa. I just recently joined this group. I'm really excited about being able to help out someone new on Etsy. I started my shop in 2007 and I can't believe how much things have changed. I was lucky to start when it was a little bit easier to understand how Etsy worked and I've had to adapt and change along the way. Anyways, I do get super busy but I'd love to mentor someone and help you with being found in searches, give feedback on photos, policies..really anything you need. I would probably best be able to help someone who has a jewelry, accessory or home decor shop. If your interested in having me as your mentor, please let me know. I'd only be able to mentor 1 person right now but I'm always happy to answer questions from anyone. Thanks so much.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
15 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: I Would Love To Mentor

I would love to be mentored. I have had my shop for over a year, with very little progress. I have seen that lower priced items seem to do better in other shops I've looked at, but my materials cost so much, it is difficult to be able to have lower prices for my jewelry. I've done several things that were suggested, but haven't seen any difference, (such as filling in all the information areas about me and my shop, etc.). I haven't given up, but it has been discouraging. Again, would LOVE a mentor! : )
0 Likes

Hi Julie,

Nice to meet you. I'd be happy to mentor you. You can definitely have a higher price point and do well on Etsy....my jewelry was always in the $80 range. I'll send you a message to your in box.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks, that would be great!
0 Likes

www.etsy.com/listing/260029357/230-sites-to-sell-and-promote-art-craft
www.etsy.com/listing/205392783/600-jewelry-keywords-top-etsy-keywords
www.etsy.com/listing/205381304/top-etsy-sellers-top-selling-shops-most
www.etsy.com/listing/205381486/980-gifts-keywords-top-etsy-keywords
www.etsy.com/listing/205393587/500-crochet-knitting-keywords-top-etsy
0 Likes

Hi Lilybelle,

I would love to have a mentor! I've been on etsy for about one year and I've had some sales but would love to get more. I really need help with pricing, product ideas to add to my store to broaden the selection, and design feedback. I would really appreciate any help! Thank you!! :-)

Brie
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi,

I would love a mentor too.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

You guys are angels. Is great that someone volunteers to be a mentor.

As an Etsy seller things can become frustrating and at times very challenging. Once I opened my shop I met a very special person that went beyond her limits in ensuring my well being and my success as a seller in this great community. Her willingness to show up at short notice to help me during my transition became not only my peace of mind but my most profound admiration towards her. Her care and concerns made a great difference in my life. My message is in efforts to show gratitude and concerns for other sellers in need of advise and great care for their products. I am truly blessed and thankful for God putting the right people in my path, and I hope here you find an angel always that is always willing and showing concerns for what we love best.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Great to see the support coming through. I am a newbie. Please advice on variations. I have tried making variation so buyers will have to select at the add to cart section but it does not work at all. Please help, anyone?
Regards,
JF
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Darn just a little too late! If you ever have time to mentor more than one person let me know!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Lilybelle Grace, it's very kind of you to spare your time to share your experience with other Etsy Sellers. In case you have a chance to mentor another new seller, do let us know. Would really appreciate your comments and tips !

www.brunna.co
0 Likes
JustWampum
Inspiration Seeker

Hi,
Several shops have contacted me for mentoring ad they are really coming along - I wanted to post some helpful info for all-

Besides good photos, Tagging is very important - watch this Youtube video - he explains it best! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZiH_YM5ZxM

Advertising - The hubby talked me into this one - so glad I did it! This is part one in at least a 5 part series. I went with the 2 cent option. you only pay if you get a click.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXhsyqXBWPM
In my opinion promoted listings are something you should consider once you have your tags in order.

Just something to think about, : )
0 Likes
JustWampum
Inspiration Seeker

For Jeff -How to use listing variations - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg2AGqepXYk
0 Likes
JustWampum
Inspiration Seeker

Answering another question on listing fees/multi listing fees - sharing for all to read.
https://www.etsy.com/help/article/136
0 Likes

Hi Lilybelle,

Your shop is beautiful!

It would be great to have you as my mentor. I started my shop and an online website a little over a year ago.

I have put a lot of time and effort into my shop but still have an uphill battle with sales. Every customer has given me 5 star reviews. Maybe you can have a look and tell me what I might be doing wrong. I love the knowledge of learning something new.

Thank you for your time and effort in giving your knowledge to all of us newbies.

Beverly M
0 Likes

I have what I think is a simple question - I am having difficulties setting up drop-down variations with different pricing. For example, an ornament kit with an additional 2 paintbrushes for an additional fee of $1.00. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.