Feedback on my shop

Hi all,

I started selling my photography as prints and canveses three days ago and am adding one or two new products per day until I have it fully stocked (about 70 images).

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SophieTakesPhotos

Before I get too far down the line with it, I would really appreciate feedback, good or bad. At the moment I only have a handful of views and, of course, no sales. I would like to know how I can make my shop better, the products better and if anybody has tried-and-tested ideas for more visibility, that would be great. I work 60 hours a week so I don't have time to do twitter, FB, pinterest etc.

Many thanks,

Sophie
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
22 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Feedback on my shop

I'm new too. Started several weeks before christmas with only 15 items. Had family here for a month and my mother fell, so have not been able to get back to my shop . Have only sold to someone i already knew. Know i need more inventory listed. Have them made, but not put on yet. What i was told was to add things one by one or they won't be seen. There are just too many sellers and your item gets buried very quickly. I have had few looks, but have not been able to list for a month. But i am thinking that you may have to pay whatever they charge to feature something, to really be 'seen' or noticed here? How does that work and what does it cost and how long does it last? Wondering, from others who have been at it longer, if it is a worthwhile thing to try? Thanks in advance, for advice from those who have been at this longer!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

New too. I like your shop.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes

Hi Sophie!just looked at your shop and love your pictures!Your prices are very reasonable too. Dorax
0 Likes
JustWampum
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Crafty Sunday & Lilac Lane,
I have just started my second shop and joined this team for input and to share my experiences. Just like you both I listed a few items for almost a year- I few sales here and there. Each week I watched a few youtube videos and worked on my shop. here is what I found that I think will help you.
1. use all 5 photos. I like to add a measurement in my description, But an item in hand is great too. Show your packing or boxing.
2 Where are your "about pages"? Make a shop card and tell your story it truly allows buyers to connect.
3 Use tagging to the max. See Youtube videos - Use as many characters to narrow your chances of being found.
4. This is for Lilaclane - your shop would be awesome if arranged by color. to try go to shop options if you look at my first shop - you will get an idea of shop keeping. It only looks great for certain shops and your is one.
5 featured listings are FREE. Always have 4 and 4 more ready. This is under listings. I change mine all the time.
Last set aside time everyday to work on your shop.
Let me know what you think of my new shop and please message me with any questions.
S
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

As an Etsy seller things can become frustrating and at times very challenging. Once I opened my shop I met a very special person that went beyond her limits in ensuring my well being and my success as a seller in this great community. Her willingness to show up at short notice to help me during my transition became not only my peace of mind but my most profound admiration towards her. Her care and concerns made a great difference in my life. My message is in efforts to show gratitude and concerns for other sellers in need of advise and great care for their products. I am truly blessed and thankful for God putting the right people in my path, and I hope here you find an angel always that is always willing and showing concerns for what we love best.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

nebie too. I had wanted to do bulk uploads. Is this advisable, or should I just update maybe three items everyday as ulie from LilacLaneJewelry says
0 Likes

Sophie, your shop is beautiful. Nice & bright.

I've just started Pinterest myself. It didn't bring any sales or increase viewing my products. A seller advise me to use Instagram which is popular, i'll look into it soon.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

S Amarai thanks for the useful tips. just started my shop too and still building views and favorites.

Would appreciate it if anybody can comment on my about page & shop appearances. Thanks !

www.brunna.co

https://www.etsy.com/listing/271531796/blue-hand-woven-ikat-pillow-cover?ref=shop_home_active_1
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello,
I've been on ETSY for about a year and a half. But today...I'm giving it a try full-time. I was sitting here thinking that it would be nice to have people to bounce ideas off of and then I found this group.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I don't know why they have this because nobody responds. Good luck with your store!
0 Likes

Hi everyone! I'm new too. Starting to get views but no sales. Wondering if my item's are priced too high? Any helpful tips is very much appreciated.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Carolyn,

I think your products are priced well. Perhaps offer a deal, like three for the price of two?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Alyce--

A forum is what you make of it. If people don't participate, the forum isn't lively. I haven't been on this much because I had to close my store due to theft of most of my dresses. So, if you want a team to be interesting, then post good topics and reply frequently.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey there! I just joined this team basically because I was looking for a good team to get feedback from :) I've had my shop open for almost 2 months, had over 1000 views, but no sales other than people I know. Anyone have any ideas for improvement??? Thanks in advance!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Misty,
I'm new too as of spring and have had similar experience. Your items and photography are lovely. My advice would be to have your thumbnails on models so potential buyers can visulaize them. Also, even thought your compostiion of photos is great, perhaps a less cluttered backround would showcase your pieces more. I hate even saying this since I can see you put a lot of energy in your photography. I hope this helps.
0 Likes

Hi everyone

I'm a new shop here on Etsy as of last July. I have sold a few things in my shop and am getting lots of views on my items.
I would like a critique of my shop and any advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance
Kyle
0 Likes

Hi Kyle,

Your shop is really nice. You have really beautiful articles. I don't have any suggestions, as I find you have a very particular offer that may interest people. In my region, there's a guy doing similar wood works like you and he is very popular. Keep going.

You might think about doing publicity outside of Etsy if you are not doing it already.
0 Likes

Hi Sophie,

Your photographs and shop are beautiful!

Front page photographs are stunning on a clean white background. Perfect for the shopper's eye and concentration.

Colors pop! You have shown how the product looks and works in everyday living.

I know you don't have time for social sites, I have the same problem with hours also, but you might think about doing a Pinterest page with your shop items. You can add an item to your Pinterest page after you publish listing. Also, you can add other interests to the page that flows with your photographs. More viewers!

0 Likes

Hi Elora,

I would photograph product alone or product as a set on a white or neutral background. White cloth jewelry stands work well also. You can hire a model, but I've seen some amazing photographs on Etsy and elsewhere without one.

Your photograph's background has many things added that interferes with the jewelry. For example, looking at the Anahata Chakra earrings it's hard to see them because I have started concentrating on the long green leaves. You want the viewer's eyes to go straight to the jewelry.

Those views will turn into sales with beautiful photographs! Your jewelry is lovely.

0 Likes
SewEarresistible
Inspiration Seeker

We will be a year on etsy this october, would like advice, we have had only 11 sales. I have read sellers handbook, tried to use everything that was shared there. My daughter and I have looked at other shops that are similar to ours and think we are pretty much in line on pricing and product. Will appreciate anything that would help us sell more. We do instagram we do our own photography. We are very disappointed in our lack of sales.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Just wanted to remind folks that general critiques are a rare gift. Most of us don't have the hour or so that it takes to go through a shop and write a useful critique.

If you have a specific question about your shop, you are more likely to get quality advice.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.