Former_Member
Not applicable

New to Etsy and strggling with selling

Hello! I would like to introduce myself and my shop. My name is Yvonne and I have a shop that includes a mix of items. Mostly it is made up of the jewelry designs made by me, my sister and my best friend. I am adding new items daily. I do seem to be struggling to sell my items. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to motive buyers? I would love to network and help everyone and be helped in the process. I am looking forward to meeting you all!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies

Re: New to Etsy and strggling with selling

I would love to network with you all also. I've been on Etsy for a while but only actively working it for several months. I sure would like to have more sales so I can justify having this shop because I sure like making my products! I am going to branch out to make a few different products (like magnets), have changed my keywords, but still only 2 sales.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Facebook is a great way to network! I have my own Facebook page and it has helped me connect with my customers on more than just a sales level. It keeps them coming back for future sales! there are also groups on Facebook (some being Craft Junkies and Craft Junkies Marketplace) that help market your shop and they help with improvements! Instagram is a good way too because hashtags help reach people who aren't following you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I use Facebook to motivate as well. I post my new listings and do hashtags during the week to get people talking. you can share personal things too, and post statuses where your customers' can respond. It helps if people feel like they know you, and feel comfortable to buy from you!
0 Likes

OK, I kinda feel better already joining this team and seeing that not everyone is 3,500 sales in a year shop. :) How do we promote one another? I'd love to help!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I make sure to post every new listing on Facebook, and now, after a few sales and a review, am thinking about offering a small giveaway or discount code. Has anyone tried this yet? I do buy some search ads, less than $5 a week (although since they switched to pay-per-click I'm only paying about $2...and I know I got a $90 sale from it, so I think it's worth it). Another thing I do is make sure to thank anyone that features my item in a treasury, and offer a small discount and let them know that if they are interesting in networking, I'm here... I know we'll get there! It just takes time.
0 Likes

We would love some tips too.

We had some decent orders our first few days after opening, but were very surprised to see few uses of our coupon codes we had advertised. And we also did a giveaway with a blogger my daughter knows, but that hasn't generated sales yet (even with offering her readers a free shipping coupon code for the month).

@Sam - are you buying ads on Facebook or Etsy? We tried a $5 Facebook campaign which flopped. It might have been the post we chose, but it did not generate the hits we expected.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

@Nell Demaree: I buy the sponsored ads from Etsy itself...it not only makes you impressions through Etsy product search, but also Google Shopping, Yahoo, and if people have internet search history for products like yours, you may end up on Facebook anyway as suggested ads. I have never had any 'luck' with Facebook ads (We've tried sponsored posts from them for charity work and my friend's EDM music campaigns as well)- you're often drowned out by companies running $250,000 ad campaigns and it isn't proportionately randomized like Etsy does for us. I don't mean to sound like a cheerleader, but after several statistical analyses and fee comparisons, it really is the best deal for entry-level small business traffic.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Struggling with Sales ... Etsy Seller Since October of 2012.... I have coupon codes as well plus anywhere I could posted about my site as well had my site on MYWEDDING.COM it flopped ... I design Invitations and Save The Dates .... Anyone interested in my work.... check out my site above and here are some of my items I also have my items in some treasuries as well... https://www.etsy.com/treasury/MjYzMzA0MDR8MjcyNzUwODU1NA/items-i-love Here is one of my treasuries... https://www.etsy.com/listing/232802161/set-of-25-4th-of-july-invitations?ref=shop_home_active_2
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Struggling with Etsy ... https://www.etsy.com/listing/232937775/set-of-25-4th-of-july-save-the-dates?ref=listing-shop-header-... New Coupon Codes: MEMORIALDAY25 5.00 OFF UNTIL JUNE 1st ANNIVERSARYSALE8 10% OFF UNTIL JUNE 12th FATHERSDAY15 8.00 OFF UNTIL June 14th SUMMERSALE08 5.00 OFF UNTIL Sept. 1st DOGDAYSOFSUMMER6 7.00 OFF UNTIL Sept. 20th
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.