Former_Member
Not applicable

New shop!

Hey guys, so today i have opened my store, it took me awhile, i have been very busy.
But anyways, I went to the Etsy forum and asked for help from others to check out my store, what I mean by that is, What should I change?
My tags?
Should i put more items into my store?
Should i rename my products?

I just want to get some feedback from you guys thanks for caring :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: New shop!

Hi!
Congrats on opening your shop! Its a big accomplishment! I know how long it takes and how much work goes into it ; )

I'm fairly new myself (opened on August 25th) so I'm certainly no expert, but I wanted to offer you my thoughts...

I would recommend retaking the photos of your items using natural light. Some of them looked a little dark. You don't have to do anything fancy, just simply place the item next to a window with good natural light coming in and snap some photos. Trust me....it will make a big difference and good pics are key to getting your items to stand out and getting people to click on them.

Another suggestion would be to make sure your titles, tags and descriptions all have the same wording in them. This will help with SEO optimization which is a special skill to master all on its own on this site. You can type SEO help in the forums and get a lot of good tips as well.

Good luck and Happy Selling!
0 Likes

i also just opened my shop late Oct. I keep reading all posts, forums, and etsy handbook but because I still have not had my first sale seek advice from other shop owners.

At this time, I have only 10 items listed because of the newness of the shop. My hopes are to add new items as we grow.

I thank you in advance for any help that you might offer...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Lynne, your wreaths are beautiful! Very nicely done! I'm no expert, but I don't think you will have a problem selling your items, it will just take some time.

In the meantime I would suggest working on your titles, descriptions and tags. From my research and experience, you need to have the same words in all three of these areas to help your items pop up in searches. Use whatever wording you think your customers will type in to search for your items. If you are not sure than I would look at some other wreath shops who's items pop up at the top of the searches and see what titles and tags they are using.

I would also recommend using tags with more than one word. I've read that one word tags are not as effective.

Examples of tags (could also use in title): Red Burlap Wreath, Christmas Burlap, burlap Christmas, Snowflake Burlap, Burlap snowflake etc.

I would also recommend joining some teams and making some treasuries. I am a member of some and I haven't necessarily gotten sales from them, but any way to increase your exposure and get your shop and items seen can't hurt. You never know who will see your wreaths and tell a friend about them.

Some teams aren't very active, but this one is a great one that allows you to promote your items while helping others as well:

https://www.etsy.com/teams/19190/colorful-items-team

I wish you all the best! Like I said, I think your wreaths are gorgeous and you will definitely get sales, it just takes a little while sometimes to get seen, but I hope these suggestions help! Please keep me posted when you get your first sale!

Good luck and happy selling!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.