Former_Member
Not applicable

HI there! What brings you ETSY

What brought you to ETSY? How did you hear about ETSY?

-Just though why not kick off the Team with introductions and hello's. :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
18 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: HI there! What brings you ETSY

Finally realizing all of the crafts I give away for free could be a business opportunity and the dream of working from home to spend more quality time with my little boys and husband. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I first learned about Etsy when a friend began selling soaps and lotions through it. I've used it more than I should admit over the years since then (2009ish) to buy hand dyed yarn. Now I'm adding my embroidery, applique, and sewing into the mix.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have been a "collector" for 40 years of all things old, You can imagine after 40 years I have WAY too many treasures, and have chosen Etsy as a venue to re-home them to someone that would love them as much as I did. I sell vintage
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I wanted a creative outlet, and also a way to make a little spending money. It has only been the last year that I've really worked on expanding my shop. I began with Quilted totes, and now I've added different sizes, quilted tablet sleeves, aprons and pillowcases. Hoping to expand even more in 2014!
0 Likes

I have been selling my crafts on ebay for years with good success. I'd like to take it a step further and be part of a community that focuses on handmade items & creativity. I have been on Etsy for a while with little success. I am hoping to learn how to promote my items and helps others do the same.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

We have sold items on ebay for years but just started using etsy full time. I have had a little success but need help promoting my store. We are a couple that has been in the jewelry business for 15 years. Any advice is welcome!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I love it! it seems as though the theme of sharing is consistent! I have been earning a lot about different avenues for marketing will make sure to post little snippets in new threads-with detail!
0 Likes

I was looking for a way to share some of my creativity with people outside my family and friends. And a little extra cash doesn't hurt!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Man I can't even remember how I heard about Etsy.
When I stopped working and stayed home with my son I started sewing and crafting more. I made a head wrap for myself. Then I had a few friends that wanted them and then I had a few strangers ask where I got my headband. Actually one of those strangers Austie (her stuff is beautiful, you should check it out) is the one who encouraged me to open an Etsy shop and that extra encouragement gave me the confidence to do it.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My sucessful book publishing career of 36 years slowed to a crawl four years ago. www.nicolerubel.com explains that part of my life. I was working on artwork which I loved of my corgi on the computer and decided to try to sell it as greeting cards. I've been adding other art work and some of my hard to find books to my site since.

People have been simply wonderful in ETSY and very encouraging. Not sure if my site will ever take off but I will give it a good go before I give up.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have been a graphic designer for a decade, and have found myself missing the tangible world of creativity more and more. I started building various wood projects, sewing things for around the house, and coming up with as many tactile projects as I could. A couple months ago I decided to post some of the things I make on Etsy, partly to try to sell them, but mostly as an excuse to keep making more.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Love it, sounds like creative expression is one of the best vice for happiness. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I came to Etsy because I wanted motivation to stay creative. I've had 'artsy' and design jobs before and discovered I hated having to create under someone else's direction and dime. This is a good compromise!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I started making hair accessories for my daughter. Friends and family loved them and I started selling a few locally, then I was encouraged to sell on Etsy. (I stumbled across Etsy years ago when I was just tooling about on the internet).
I haven't made any sales yet and am taking any advice I can get to hopefully get something happening.
Love looking at all the wonderful, creative work people are doing and am storing up ideas for future purchases when I have more money.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I joined Etsy after I looked through the site and thought it was a good avenue to put my items on, I have sold on ebay previously but would like to use Etsy full time. Any advice, opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks Brandi for this team! Loved reading everyones stories. My reasons are pretty similar, I wanted a creative outlet and the hopes of being able to bring in some income while staying home with my son. I am also in school for my masters so its a bit of a juggle, but I love sewing and being creative. I really wanted my product to give back so I just found out this week that a local foster agency in LA is going to give my product to their little ones upon intake. I am so excited about this. But I am still figuring all this out and so I am excited to join a team with other newbies as I imagine we can learn a lot from each other!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

How fabulous! I'm so excited you guys are here. There should be a ne thread regarding SEO= traffic. I'm so glad you joined the team guys!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

After a major life changing medical event, loss of my full time job due to that I found a need to number one help people and two fill my time with my passions. That is what created Blessing and Babies and has brought me to Etsy. Thank you so much for being here.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.