Former_Member
Not applicable

Advertising Around Town, Or An ETSY craft fair?

I'm thinking of investing some money in advertising signs around my town.You know those signs at stop lights at the off ramps on highways? The ones that say "We buy junk cars" or whatever.
I was thinking of highlighting etsy.com then perhaps a plug under it. Any ideas or input on this idea?
I'm planning on adding my children's appliqued sweat shirts and some other items I make by hand before I do this.
It just seems that we need more people on the sight beyond artists.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Advertising Around Town, Or An ETSY craft fair?

That's a great idea. Just be careful in the usage of the etsy logo/colors/branding etc.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I agree, just make sure your signs stand out from all the landscapers, etc. Let us know how you do.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

If you are doing this for your shop, then the key visual or copy should be the most interesting and eye-catching element of your shop, not Etsy. And honestly despite all the noise around the Etsy brand, not a lot of people outside of the handcraft community are familiar with Etsy so I'm not sure if just using their brand name is going to simply drive traffic to your shop. Even if it does raise interest, you want people to go to YOUR shop, not exploring on Etsy in your competitor's or playing with the not very helpful search engine (and get frustrated and leave, as my friend did).

I just went to you shop and took a quick look. Your work is interesting but under a traffic light or around the high ways, cars are driving by fast and they are also not looking at your work up close. Collage can look like a plain image from far and you don't get to appreciate the beauty of it. I think those placements are not suitable for your work. An eye-level street facing larger size poster will work much better. If you have to go with those because of budget to begin with, maybe try to play up with copy (headlines) more, which will need to be able to turn heads and stop traffic (literally!), and use your work as a decoration.

If you are doing this to drive people to Etsy, then you should discuss with the Etsy team and get their approval in the use of the Etsy brand elements.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks everyone, I never thought about there being an issue using "Etsy"branding. I guess I could use a "banner type" slogan and hang that around, Mayby traffic isn't the best idea, but Coffee shops and such.
Has anyone have any gallery experience?
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.