Etsy Stealing Money from Sellers through False Charges to Credit/Debit Cards

Etsy is charging their sellers for false fees. Some are getting charged random amounts of $5000, $3000, etc on their credit and debit cards. Please see this Etsy forum: https://community.etsy.com/t5/Bugs-and-Technical-Issues/Etsy-drafted-395-out-of-my-checking-today/td... .

This is absolutely unacceptable! I was charged almost $800, but one shop owner even said that they tried to charge $12000 on her Credit Card! Thankfully her CC company declined the charge, as it seemed suspicious.

Even if they are planning to refund our accounts through Etsy Payment Accounts, OUR money is still THEIR money for the time being. They charged my CC, yet they want to refund me through my Etsy Payment Account. We don't even have access to that money until it is finally deposited into our bank accounts (Monday is also a federal holiday). For the time being, this is a pending charge on my CC, and they SHOULD be refunding or stopping these transactions before they even have the chance to go through, instead of refunding us through our payment accounts.

In the meantime, if something happens to one of our shop owner's or their families, and they need money, they have these ridiculous charges on their credit and debit cards, or bank accounts. Some are having to pay overdraft fees, and interest on these charges to their CC's. I don't understand how this isn't on the news right now, and why Etsy isn't doing ANYTHING about this. This is hundreds of thousands of dollars that we are talking about, maybe more.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.