I guess this new co-worker was meant to be mine!

Sadly, I lost my 18 year old Himalayan in July and I really miss him. Oddly enough, my aunt was friends with an elderly neighbor who had no family; just his very beloved 3-year old Himalayan cat. He passed away last week leaving the house to my aunt along with instructions to find a good home for his kitty with someone in our family (he knew we are all cat lovers). So in the next few days I will be meeting and bringing home a new fuzzy co-worker. I hope the poor thing won't be too distraught, having lost her owner and the only home she ever knew.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: I guess this new co-worker was meant to be mine!

Sounds like it was meant to be, funny how those things work out! I don't mean to sound creepy, but is there anything from the old owner's house that you could bring with the new kittie that would let him/her transition easier? Like something soft to lay on that would have a familiar scent?

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Himalayan.

Posts like this make me wish we could add photos here, I'd love to see your fur babies!
0 Likes
hideandhair
Inspiration Seeker

Sue, my mom (Pam) just had the same thing happen. Her aunt passed last week and she brought home two gorgeous long hairs this weekend after being without cats for almost a year. I hope your new co-worker acclimates to her new home quickly!
0 Likes

Update! My new co-worker is named Misty and she's an adorable little fuzzball. Kathi, I was thinking the same way and we did collect her food bowls and some towels from her original home for her to sleep on if she wants. I put one in the carrier for the trip home and there are several around our house now to help her feel comfortable with a scent that she knows. I'm sure she was terrified but she did great on the plane, and is doing really well so far in her new home. She's still jumpy about strange noises and a little wary, but she's also shown she's very social, is quite curious and likes to play. I think with more time she'll be fine. I still really miss my old guy, but I'm also already in love with this little one!
0 Likes

That's great news...sounds like this was meant to be for the both of you! I still wish we could post photos, I'd love to see Misty :-)
0 Likes
PamsPawsJewelry
Conversation Maker

Hi,

It would be nice to get to know people on this team and for us to fave each other's items and shops. I don't see too much activity on here except people just posting items of their own.

Good Luck Crafty Sue with your new kitty! I am so happy that the cat has a place to go with family members of friends his/her mom had.

I have only one cat left from 9, his name is Moses and he is 16. His pic is on my shop about page. He watches me work.

If you upload pics of furbabies to your computer and then convo people you can add up to 3 photos. Sue, convo us with pics! It does not have to be items from your shop but just uploaded on computer. I have done it or maybe get email addresses also to send the pics if anyone wishes to give them out.
Mine is pammaggio@yahoo.com.

Oh in the other post Craft Sue you have a girl named Misty. I hope she is doing well.

I am sorry for those here that lost kitties. I miss mine and it's so hard when you have them for 16-20 years.

Blessings,

Pam
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.