Former_Member
Not applicable

Allergic to fleas?

Does anyone else have a cat who i allergic to fleas? Possum gets one she tears her skin up. I have to take her for shots and antibiotics all the time in the summer.
Was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if they have a natural remedy. I don't like giving her meds all the time.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Allergic to fleas?

Oh no! I recently moved from CA to the Midwest, and I haven't really let Max out much yet! My brother's cat got fleas, and my parents' cats too. They just use those flea collars and drops on the back of their neck. We had a miniature pincher when I was little and he would bleed sooo much from them! The other min pin we had would get them, but she didn't get such a bad reaction.
That's terrible that you have to take her in all the time! I don't like when any permanent answer is medication! I hope someone else knows! I've heard of people putting flea stuff in their yard, but that sounds a little toxic!
hope someone else knows the answer for Possum!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Yeah I don't like putting spray in the yard due to birds. Possum stays in but at times she gets one from the dogs. The vet ssaid they get like that when they never go out. But I had moved from VA to Missouri and had coyotes. So she became a inside cat.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Oh no! I used to live in Warrensburg, MO! I am worried to let Max out because the 2 houses directly across the street have a pitbull and a some other big dog! The pitbull is really nice to people and very sweet, but they both roam around unleashed and without a fence. He chased the mailman yesterday, but I wasn't sure if he was playing. Max looks like a big squirrel and I would just die if he got attacked by a dog!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Many times doesn't matter ho nice the dog is they will attack cats. That is what happened to Possums brother. So better be safe then sorry.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.