Former_Member
Not applicable

Is anyone elsed owned by pork or carb addicted cats?

They say cats don't have a sweet tooth, but our very bossy, old, fat, crabby cat apparently didn't get the memo.

She adopted us at the local humane society, and we were naively assuming that we would easily get the extra weight off her by putting her on a diet. That hasn't worked out as well as we hoped (the less we feed her, the more she complains and the less she moves).

She is extremely crafty in getting her favorite foods - pieces of donut, potato chips and pork (preferably smoked in the form of bacon or ham).

We had friends over yesterday for a gaming night, and people brought food - and she honed in on the guests who had made ham sandwiches (all knowing and exploiting her love of pork - and the humiliatingly dog-like tricks she is willing to do - including sitting up and giving a high 5 with her paw - to acquire said pork).

Hubby and I are convinced that "on her planet" they must have mouse-sized pig-like animals (and somehow her people have learned how to smoke them, without opposable thumbs - of course on this planet, that's what the humans are for).

Or maybe that's why they colonized Earth, because of our donuts and our giant pork.

Does anyone else suspect that their feline overlord comes from the same planet?

(Don't tell your kitty of your suspicions, I don't think they want us to know).
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Is anyone elsed owned by pork or carb addicted cats?

We used to have a cat that ate marshmallows, we found out the hard way. by walking in bare feet over the remains of the feast he'd had when we'd left an open bag in the same room as him overnight. I think it comes under the category of food that fights back, when it gets stuck to them , then flies across he room if they shake their paw around hard enough.
0 Likes

Hi Dreamstorm,
I just read your post and wanted to say that my sister's older cat was overweight for years. In spite of a "diet" and trips to the vet to find out why.
They finally found out that he had a thyroid problem and even diabetes!
Hard to believe, but true.
Just a heads up.
A.
0 Likes

Why isn't there "pork" cat food? Cats do seem to love it. One of our little girls is so clever that if left alone with a ham sandwich in the same room, she becomes a true cat burglar. We don't know how she does it, but she manages to get the ham out from under the bread without moving the bread. So when I returned after answering the front door, I thought my sandwich was still in one piece. Amazing what they can do without opposable thumbs! LOL!
0 Likes

My cat will steal any bread left out...so if you leave a loaf if bread or hot dog buns on the counter, guaranteed he has stolen them and hidden them under a bed somewhere. He and his bro are pound purries so we always joke that they grew up behind a bakery. He will also attack you if you eat toast or a sandwich. Oddly enough, he doesn't actually eat it...just kills the bread LOL
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

ChicChixnChampagne, you may be right. Not the first time I have heard of a diabetic cat.
We have a large orange tom that loves butterscotch ice cream. So much so he's been nicknamed the butterscotch bandit. All my cats love ham as well. Any one want to market a shredded bacon and cheese cat food? I'll buy.
0 Likes

My cats are goats. I got two who beg and I do not kid when I say beg for any kind of melon. Another one who thinks canned vegt juice is great and then my old fatty comes running if he hears the yogurt open.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Just re-reading the posts, I needed a smile. My cat Jaffa [I have 4 cats, two foundlings, two recues] loves curried chicken. All chicken is good in his books but he will bully for and try to steal curried chicken right off your fork or plate.
0 Likes

My cat hasn't really figured out the joy of ham or beef or any of that yet.. being a vegetarian I don't often have this stuff around my house. (altho she loved the Thanksgiving turkey scraps snuck to her).

She does however have an incredible sweet tooth (that she probably gets from me!). She cannot wait to have a lick of ice cream, or candy crumbs that may have dropped on the floor. She loves sweet cereals, and don't even mention sweetened coffee (as if she needs the caffeine!)

And TheHollowbourneHoard, my first cat had a very intense love for marshmallows as well! What a riot it was to watch her try and eat one. That and red licorice Twizzlers were her favorite :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.