Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm your new team captain, pleased to meet you!

The other day I got an email that the previous team captian is no longer a part of the etsy community. Myself being the most senior member then was assigned the captian position. It was pretty unexpected. I haven't been on etsy super long and I only have a few sales, but I love art and Michigan so this seems like a task I'd be fit to at least attempt. This is actually pretty exciting for me and I look forward to getting to know a wider swath of artists and craftspeople in this great state. I myself am a photographer specializing in traditional b&w photography. My interests are in urban and rural exploration of abandoned structures, retro pin up photography, and reprinting vintage pin up negatives.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions pertaining to this team's function or direction I'm all ears. My general goal is to make it a place where Michigan artists can have open exchanges about business, technique, aesthetics or any other topic pertaining to being an artist in Michigan. But that's pretty nebulous. :-)

-James Mullineaux
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: I'm your new team captain, pleased to meet you!

Nice to meet you James Mullineaux!! I am a new member here and look forward to future discussions. :D

Patty
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Same here! I am always looking for ways to support my fellow Michigan artists so I joined this team.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Greetings! I just joined the group! My mother and I both run our shop and are from Midland. We just started at the beginning of August and have made 4 sales so far on etsy and 2 private. (It's so exciting having someone buy your stuff isnt it!?) We would love to get to know other people in the area and help support their shops and perhaps them ours. This is our first time on etsy and our first group, but I have been part of forums in the past. So if Im not right to speed, I'll get there and please don't mind questions xD. Looking forward to meeting other members here! Oh and we are also on facebook too under Vintage Whispers. - Brandy
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Nice! I've had two sales, but one buyer backed out. I figured that sort of thing would happen once in a while. I live in Saginaw so we're not that far apart.
0 Likes

Welcome, new Team Captain!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Welcome, welcome, James! There's nothing like being thrown in on the deep end is there?! We're sort of new on here too, if you count age by sales made. I'm still learning how to work on Etsy ...

A bit about us is that we're a michigan-made, family-owned company that handmakes all-natural soaps, lotion and lip balms. My job is to do the photography and design the labeling as well as do all the computer aspects (ie. try to learn etsy and keep up our FB page).

So, anyway, after all that - Welcome once again!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.