Highlighted
JJJewellerySupplies
Community Member

Recommendation from Etsy for Halloween....

On my Dashboard...   

"Help last-minute shoppers find ghostly unique items for this spooky celebration. Consider running a sale of at least 20% and enable free US delivery between 14th and 20th October."  

Now it's 20% off AND free shipping to the US!!!   The free items with free shipping is almost upon us!

21 Likes
23 Replies
herflyinghorses
Community Member

Re: Recommendation from Etsy for Halloween....

It's sickening what Etsy is doing. 

9 Likes
hopeandjoyhome
Community Member

*type delete* *type delete* I cannot formulate a forum friendly reply to that!

10 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Community Member

I think they are encouraging their sellers to get rid of their stock as fast as they can, as Etsy is on its way out.

Don't say they didn't warn you.

11 Likes
PiecesOfMePaperCraft
Community Member

I got this Etsy email today:

Less shoppers are seeing your items. 

Your items aren't getting priority search placement. Consider offering free shipping on orders $35 and above with a free shipping guarantee to buyers in the United States to help your items get found.

No.

Delete.

8 Likes
EventsEclectic
Community Member

Bully tactics!       

6 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Community Member

" ... to help your items get found."

it's a con of the worst kind, preying on seller desperation, and completely born out by the amount of threads started by the poor sellers who actually believed it would make a difference.

13 Likes
SprocketsInside
Community Member

@PiecesOfMePaperCraft  “Less shoppers are seeing your items. ”  

Fewer.  Sheesh, Etsy, get it together.  

17 Likes
DivineCrossings
Community Member

@SprocketsInside I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one being driven insane by bad grammar! Just goes to show how poorly educated these idiots are.

1 Like
Vintageables
Community Member

It's blackmail.  There's no way to sugar-coat this.

1 Like
FenderMinerals
Community Member

I saw that this morning and dismissed it as soon as I got to the 20%.   I wonder if that is taken from an average of discounts offered on Etsy. I see people with some outrageously large discounts  on Etsy, people who are not going out of business - at least not on purpose 

3 Likes
PiecesOfMePaperCraft
Community Member

@FenderMinerals wrote:

I see people with some outrageously large discounts  on Etsy, people who are not going out of business - at least not on purpose 

A lot of clip art shops do that. They have permanent “90% off sales, probably hoping for better search placement. There’s a vintage jewelry shop I used to have in my favorites. I unfavorited her shop when I noticed a pattern of deceptive pricing. She started running big percent off sales BUT she keeps changing her original prices so she never actually gives the unsuspecting buyer a discount. Last week a pair of earrings might have been $20 with a 10% discount. This week she’ll change them to $30 with a 40% discount. I can’t respect a shop that does things like that. 

0 Likes
lulubugjewelry
Community Member

Really Etsy? REALLY??? So now we're being encouraged put things on sale AND offer "free" shipping? I don't know what you are smoking, but at this rate I am in dire need of some. As we all know, it starts with the "encouragement" and ends with the big old stick, beating our shops into submission. This place gets more ridiculous by the minute.

14 Likes
CountryLaneHomeDecor
Community Member

Lets just all throw our items out our front doors and scream FREE at the top of our lungs.

12 Likes
JJJewellerySupplies
Community Member

Haha!

1 Like
SprocketsInside
Community Member

@EventsEclectic ”Bully tactics!"  Or as Etsy refers to it: Monday.  

15 Likes
MaisyGraceDesigns
Community Member

This made me laugh so loud my dogs worried about me!

3 Likes
artbyjocelyn
Community Member

Most of my items, I'd literally be Paying for ppl to have their purchase, after all that discountin' and my fees lol!

4 Likes
JoeBcrafts
Community Member

Well negative interest rates at banks are all the rage in Europe and probably soon in the US too.

When will I be able to set an item at ($5) or -$5?  

Let me pay you to take this item off my hands.

2 Likes
CloesCloset
Community Member

Why don't you cover the shipping and the 20% if you are so anxious to have it Etsy?  Most of us would be much happier if you would fix search, so people could find things

13 Likes
JDCreativeHands
Community Member

I would just delete.

The aim is really for large shops that have volume. All these years that is what this Etsy is aiming for.

The rest of us continue to do our business our way until it is no longer feasible  for us to be here.

Etsy is thriving but with large shops that have staffs and production partners.  That's  been the trend for some time.

4 Likes
DreamyTimesShop
Community Member

I just feel like they are ruining etsy. It is very sad. I started my first shop in 2006. Many of us are one person businesses who cannot afford all these giveaways! I spent $4000 on shipping last year, paid by buyers. I would be paying customers to take my stuff if I didn't charge shipping. I really wish the powers that be would get real. I am sure they make a lot more money than most of us.

3 Likes
silcoon52
Community Member

I believe etsy is already ruined due to the greed factor taking over!  It will never be the same.  May as well start calling it CHETSY!

1 Like
silcoon52
Community Member

Where the H&ll does Etsy come up with this? First off if Etsy would stick to it's policy and not allow mass produced items here the genuine handcrafters and vintage sellers would have a chance.  So now beings we're on that cheap mass producer subject what is Etsy planning to do about it?  Let's address what's really important here not how can the sellers get ''stuck'' again!  Also does Etsy plan to reimburse us for this so called 20% sale along with FS?  Who on earth can afford this? Oh wait I know it's the you guessed it mass producers!  Jeez why couldn't Etsy do the one thing it was supposed to do and that is manage a fair selling platform and mind their own business.  If the honest sellers wanted to run a sale they could do it without etsy's push!  More harassment and blackmail!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.