PillowDetails
Community Member

New Transaction email our Buyers are seeing

I'm not able to post any link to view this, (because I have not been getting emails from Etsy for over a month) - but I saw a post on Facebook that the email Buyers get when they first purchase, confirming their order, contains a lot of new stuff - including a mention of FREE SHIPPING that you can get next time, and a button to shop.

Has anyone purchased something recently on Etsy, and can you see what your transaction email looks like an post here?  And I'm assuming that link button goes back to Etsy with items that have free shipping.

7 Likes
164 Replies
sneakyburrito
Community Member

Re: New Transaction email our Buyers are seeing

My most recent email is from a few days ago and it includes a list of the items purchased plus pictures/titles/prices, a message from the seller (a generic "enjoy your purchase from (shop name)," and links to three random items from the same shop.  No mentions of free shipping next time, no mentions of or links to other shops.

A second order has a longer message from the (different) seller but it mostly appears to be copy-pasted shop policies.

(Sorry, can't paste the email, it is looking weird because of a difference in email format and what formatting is allowed in these forums.  You are not the first person complaining in the forums about "new stuff" in the order confirmation emails, but I haven't seen this so far.)

2 Likes
LandandSeaGems
Community Member

Same here...from my recent purchase. Not seeing anything new.

2 Likes
BikeronCrafts
Community Member

I have hit the link, and it takes you to personalized gifts with Free delivery.

3 Likes
LandandSeaGems
Community Member

Must be a recent addition. Personalized gifts with free shipping...that makes sense....Etsy holiday marketing.

2 Likes
sneakyburrito
Community Member

I got a shipping email today that did have the blurb under discussion:

Free shipping? Ooh yeah!

How about a little something extra? Free shipping! Get it on your next order.

Anyway, the order already had free shipping because it was a vintage seller who builds shipping into the price (and who will do custom orders of multiple items to save you a little bit on shipping).

0 Likes
BikeronCrafts
Community Member

Hi,

I've just come across this whilst marking items as shipped . I don't know how to link it, but have given a brief summary of what is on the note

"Additional information from the Owner of ..................

The delivery note now details the Delivery estimated times -

Returns/exchanges

Conditions of return

Then there is a box towards the end of the note stating 

Free delivery? Yes, please

How about a little something extra?

Free delivery! Get it on your next order

below this there is a "Shop now " button

8 Likes
PillowDetails
Community Member

Thank you - the post I saw on FB said -

"Free Shipping? Ooh yeah!

Free Shipping!  Get it on your next order.  [Shop Now] button "

@BikeronCrafts  - if you see one that says "Free Delivery" - that's even worse, because it implies there will be no charges for Vat/customs for Buyers outside the US.  Oy.

11 Likes
Vintageables
Community Member

Free delivery?  Yes, please.  Wow.  Is etsy going to pay for free shipping?

9 Likes
onedaysgracenz
Community Member

From what I have seen, the "free delivery next time" is a link to items that have the free shipping guarantee.

It isn't referring to the purchase of any item on Etsy, only ones where the seller offers the FSG or shop-wide free shipping.

It appears to only show on emails sent to US buyers.

0 Likes
DoceVikaVintage
Community Member

@PillowDetails 

I ordered something and got the message yesterday saying exact that:

"Free Shipping? Ooh yeah!

Free Shipping!  Get it on your next order.  [Shop Now] button "

The message made me sick.

How dare Etsy offer free shipping in our behalf when we don't offer blood sucking "free" shipping...

And the message from seller was the same I got when I made the purchase. How many days it will take to ship etc... totally useless.

7 Likes
ZehOriginalArt
Community Member

This must be really recent. My last purchase was one week ago on the 8th and nowhere does the order confirmation email mention free shipping or a link to an Etsy search page. There is all the normal information about the order and then at the bottom are 3 clickable thumbnails of more items from the same seller. 

1 Like
BikeronCrafts
Community Member

I think it must be some new update.

The delivery and returns section of the my shop policies have been added to the dispatch note, and then the very end of the note is the bit about Free shipping. 

This takes you to the search pages for items that have the Free delivery offer.

I find this inclusion very misleading, because if I was the one receiving this with my order, I will automatically think that it was the shop that I made the purchase from that was offering me the Free delivery with my next order.

21 Likes
BigDogLadysJools
Community Member

I find this inclusion very misleading, because if I was the one receiving this with my order, I will automatically think that it was the shop that I made the purchase from that was offering me the Free delivery with my next order.

I agree, it is very confusing.  It's also false advertising for sure.

Best wishes,

31 Likes
BlueCatStudioShop
Community Member

I made a purchase yesterday, and I am seeing the same as @ZehOriginalArt is seeing. Nothing about free shipping. Maybe it's a random test, or maybe the item I purchased was already free shipping. Who knows. It will probably change soon anyway.

0 Likes
DoceVikaVintage
Community Member

@ZehOriginalArt 

This obscene message is pretty new. I got it.

The message offering "free" shipping on your the next order comes with link to Etsy search is part of the email with shipping confirmation.

On the bottom of the email.

I got the email yesterday once the shipping of the order I made on Thursday was confirmed.

3 Likes
weekendjewelry1
Community Member

My last purchase was from Oct 9 - but I deleted the email. I don't recall seeing anything about Free Shipping next time but I know that doesn't mean it wasn't there! Will pay more attention next time and mention anything unusual. 

1 Like
SeasideRoseCreations
Community Member

My last purchase was November 4 and I didn't see this.

Maybe it's a test.

I wonder if this is the kick off to the "carrots and sticks" the CEO had up his sleeve to force free shipping.

4 Likes
BigDogLadysJools
Community Member

Anyone seen the carrots?

Best wishes,

10 Likes
PillowDetails
Community Member

I think it is brand new, in the last day or two - and yes, the way it looks - from what I saw posted - is like the shop you bought from is offering free shipping the next time.

5 Likes
PWOriginals
Community Member

Wow, from what is being reported here, that could be very confusing for a buyer. Another nudge from Etsy or signs of desperation for the FS gig?

6 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Community Member

I purchased a bracelet late last night and the email has none of that.

Must be a test. Or maybe a slow roll out?

oops! actually I bookmarked it last night - I purchased it this morning.

0 Likes
Vintageables
Community Member

Wow.  They should not be able to do that! Forcing free shipping down sellers' throats?  Really, cut it out, will you!

6 Likes
TheHomespunLoft
Community Member

@PillowDetails  Then maybe in your thank you note.. or the auto one from Etsy when a sale is made.. make sure you include that your items do not ship free ( if they don't). but say it nicer that that.. ,lol

0 Likes
DoceVikaVintage
Community Member

The "free" shipping to your next order  message doesn't come when you place your order but when the seller complete the order and send a shipping confirmation.

I got it. Yikes

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.