Highlighted
HeartBrace
Community Member

Lack of sales

Hello,

I've noticed a lack of sales recently and I've heard there can be reprimands such as a quota for having a dispute in your account. I was wondering if this is the case and whether I can take further steps to relieve myself of this.

Thank you for your care.

Deniz Kaleli

0 Likes
5 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Member

Re: Lack of sales

Buyers would not know that 

1 Like
maydaylabels
Community Member

There's no quota.  Etsy does penalize your shop in search when you have an open case, to some extent, and the effect lasts for I can't remember how long.

1 Like
FastLifeDesign
Community Member

I don't think so. All recent problems started from the beginning of October. I didn't have any disputes in my account then. 

I still tend to think that this is due to a limited database, which cannot process all users at the same time, so some rotation is turned on.

1 Like
NancyQstudio
Community Member

Disputes can effect a shop.  But from what I understand this usually happens when there is more than one.  I'm not positive on this.  Etsy gives each shop a quality score.  These are some of the factors that can effect a score.

1. Shipping timely. 

2. SEO - Etsy's system matches titles, tags and attributes for a better shopping experience.  If these don't line up it can effect a shops search ranking. 

3. Customer experience score.  Opened cases can effect this score.

4. Misspellings

5. Recency plays a very small role.

6. Updated policies and adding of local location.

1 Like
DreamyCraftSupply
Community Member

Etsy has been slow for many sellers lately. It is caused by their search manipulation that does not give the most relevant results.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.