WhimsicalFantasies
Community Member

You can browse, but....

"You can browse, but we're unable to process purchases at the moment." I'm a buyer only, and I keep running into this, and it's annoying as all get-out. And though Etsy says to 'try again' in a bit, sometimes it just keeps saying this on items for a long time. I gave up buying some gloves because of this - I had been in communication with the seller about changing the yarn, but every time I clicked on the listing, that little grey box on the right hand side of the listing said the above. I told the seller. I finally purchased some gloves, but on Amazon, I wasn't going to wait around any longer for Etsy to allow purchases. This is NOT a one time thing on this site, at least for me, it's almost like it's every other day, every other listing. I am starting to think that I'm being banned from buying on purpose 0.o

6 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
apaperaffaire
Community Member

Re: You can browse, but....

UGH! I remember this happening a couple months ago!! This is so unacceptable to both buyers and sellers!! I'm so sorry you had to buy somewhere else! 

4 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Community Member

I saw this on a couple of my listings (about 1 1/2 wks. ago). "You can browse but cannot buy. Try again later".  I haven't seen it in a while, but we all don't see the same things at the same time.  This has been a Bug which has been rearing it's ugly head on and off again.

But how many buyers will write the Seller to let them know that message is on their listing?  Or will they leave and go to another Shop or site.  One buyer lost is one too many.  And Sellers should not have to open their listings multiple times a day to check to see if this message is on any of them (that or the other message, "This item is unavailable"; when it certainly is available).

Etsy does not come to the Bugs Forum, only if they deem a problem is site wide.  And there have been several reports about THIS particular Bug as well as others.  Some people have written or phoned Etsy.  Sometimes they get help; other times not, which is unfortunate. Because anything which hinders people from making Sellers should be dealt with.  And this is something which is a Bug and should be treated as such.

0 Likes
CheriesArtsnCrafts
Community Member

Just saw it on my shop too, browsing my listings. This has happened quite a few times in over quite a few years! Perhaps the purchasing program is updating, I don't know. Don't expect to hear anything back from the techs or customer service …. what a shame to lose sales because of this.

1 Like
WhimsicalFantasies
Community Member

Okay, so at least it's not just my account, and Etsy is not banning me from buying lol. Well, that is pretty sad that this has been going on for so long on this site, and still nothing is being done about it.

0 Likes
GlitterandCrystalArt
Community Member

This happened to me last week. I wanted to buy an item but I got the same message which I thought was just a glitch. No wonder we are not having any sales if this is happening. This used to happen on ebay too! Not many buyers will bother contacting the seller, they will just move on.

1 Like
EpiclesisConsulting
Community Member

Man, this bug reminds me of that song, "Isn't it Ironic" (which wasn't really about things that were ironic, but things that were frustrating).

You can browse but you can't buy. It almost would be better, from a shopper's perspective, if they couldn't even see the things they couldn't buy.

Trish O'Connor
Owner, Epiclesis Consulting LLC

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.