Sewing Fleece with a Walking Foot

Morning,
I'm wondering if anyone can help me.... it's a sewing question, but I believe the walking foot is very helpful to quilters
Has anyone used a walking foot when sewing fleece?
I'm a bit new to all this - installed the foot, and instead of making life easier, it proceeded to squash my fleece (2 layers, plus uhaul pad), leave indents, and eventually jam up.
I believe people use it for quilting, so I'm surprised that happened - and wondering if I did something wrong.
Any help would be soooo appreciated
Lori
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Sewing Fleece with a Walking Foot

I think that the only time you'd ever use a walking foot in quilting is when you're wanting to sew/quilt the 3 layers (fabric with fleece or batting inbetween) and want to sew straight lines across a quilt. Otherwise, one would use a free motion foot to sew patterns across the above-mentioned 3 layers.

Otherwise, I've never heard of one using a walking foot to sew fleece. What happened to you is what is expected to happen if this were done - the mess/jam-up. I'm sorry that happened to you. It's a nasty way to learn a lesson in trying to use a walking foot on fleece/batting/etc.

Next time that you want to use fleece, make sure it's sandwiched in between 2 fabrics. That will prevent that little mishap from happening.

Kat
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.