Former_Member
Not applicable

Sales Slowdown

Has anyone else noticed a slowdown in their sales?  My sales began to drop off last month (February) and are continuing their decline this month.  I believe there are two primary factors for this.  They are:

CoVID-19 (Corornavirus) Pandemic - Many people are becoming unemployed due to shutdowns coming about by the virus.  Also, many people are probably too afraid to make any purchases now (from places / people they don't know) for fear of catching the virus via purchases of items / products from unknown sources.

Etsy's Unfriendly Polices Toward Real Handmade Item Makers - I have only been with Etsy three (3) years and, during that time, I have noticed a shift in Etsy's policies away from True Handmade Item Makers to Resellers and Business that can Mass Produce (thus being able to sell items for less than a real handmade item can be sold for).  They are able to sell far more product that way and bring far more money into the Etsy Coffers than real handmade item makers can.  Etsy, like any large business organization, is all about MONEY.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Reply

Re: Sales Slowdown

February was my best month ever and now I am close in March to having my worst month out of the last 18.  Doesn't make good sense, because I have not changed much of anything, so it can be surmised that Etsy has changed a lot.  Luckily, for me, this is only a side gig.  Good luck.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.