Please help me choose a style tag

Hi,

I am reading more and more about how important the right tags are for getting your work seen by people who are actually interested in it. Unfortunately, I don't know much about jewellery beyond how to make it. I was wondering if any of you would mind taking a look at my page and telling me what style they would call my work? Sorry, but I couldn't figure out how to add photos to this post, or I'd have put some here.

I will happily favourite your shop in return!

Thanks,

Allison

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
18 Replies

Re: Please help me choose a style tag

Beaded/Braided. You can also use the technical term but dunno if people would search that specific style. Never hurts to add it to your tags though. 😉🤗

3 Likes

Thanks, but I'm asking about the "Style" option Etsy gives when creating new jewellery listings. Options include Art deco, Celtic, Minimalist, etc. I haven't the faintest idea which mine might be.

0 Likes

My best way eas looking thru google... Finding my stle and anything they used to describe it... Tags would be whatever pertains to the jewelry. Such as.... 

0 Likes

Multicolor Beads

Large Beads

Small beads 

(Fits all)

Etc....

Go to other sites and see how they list their jewelry in that can help you pin down what your jewelry is mostly like... Best advice is this is how I did my macrame :-) go get them girl, we can all do this!

2 Likes

Okay, thanks! I will check out some sites with similar stuff.

1 Like

thanks for your suggestion

0 Likes

Oh I love your line first!!! Taging for style; what comes to mind is taging it by the name that you give the product; Magatamas, Kumihimo, braclet; also use Bracelet - Custom Bracelets and spell Jewelry correctly and tag that. 

Now lets talk about websites. Do you have one and if so did you link it to Etsy? Tag your website the same as the tags you put on etsy and make it Googable. 

Finally, can I buy your product and resell them at my events and trade shows? Lets talk about you being one of my handcrafted vendors 

1 Like

Thanks for the tagging tips! Just fyi, most of the world spells it jewellery, LOL. I do have Facebook and Instagram pages that link to Etsy.

I am tentatively interested in you selling my products. I know nothing about how that would work, and must of course be wary of strangers on the internet.

1 Like

I understand your concerns I hope you take the time to get to know me; Google my name and research what we do. I really want to sell your product at my events and I feel so strongly about it I am will to buy diret from you and resell 

0 Likes

Your jewelry is very cute!!!

I have used Marmalade to help me find just the right tags for my shop. 

My sales have increased as my views have increased and I have been very happy with this product. 

One thing I learned was to make sure my most important tags were also in my title. 

Hope this helps a little. You can also check out my shop it’s Whitesnowflakdesigns and I sell American girl doll clothing and restyled sweater mittens. Bobbi https://www.etsy.com/shop/WhitesnowflakDesigns

1 Like

Thanks! Unfortunately, my shop isn't making nearly enough money to justify $19 USD a month on Marmalead, or I'd love to use it.

I have been wondering why some people have such long product names. I have been trying to make mine more descriptive, but I didn't know I should specifically include my main tags. I appreciate the tip :D

0 Likes

ty

0 Likes

Your shop is lovely.  You have had decent sales for being in an over-saturated market, i.e., jewelry.  I have one suggestion for your 13 tags at bottom of listing, even though I know that's not what you are asking about.  Single word tags are a waste and frowned upon my etsy, combine so you get more, like summer flowers, beaded jewelry.  Use eRank to asssess your tags and get suggestions too.  You can see what competitors are doing.

1 Like

I had no idea single-word tags were a problem. Thanks for the advice!

0 Likes

When you start a new listing or edit your current listings, the title window gives you 60 characters. Use them ALL. The title is basically your SEO for that item. So think of as many listing tags as you can. Beaded Bracelets, Wrap Bracelets, etc. etc.  The titles directly relate to how people search and find your jewelry. Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I have begun to lengthen my titles, but I think I still have some optimization to do.

0 Likes

Hi, Allison, love your work!  I see your problem in style names.  They don't really fall into other categories. 

Maybe:  Avant Garde or boho and hippie, or none of the above.

Then in descriptions, tags, elsewhere, insert:  Japanese folk art ancient Samurai ethnic organic.  I would add both spellings in descriptions as  jewelry and jewellery, for all customers to find you.

Good luck!  pk

0 Likes

I hardly ever pick a style for my jewelry pieces. It locks it into a certain look and I'm not sure what look I'm going for when I design something. Each piece is different. If I go for a particular period then you could apply a style, like art deco, but otherwise, I don't assign it. from looking at your shop pieces, your technique is Japanese, but the jewelry itself is kind of modern.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.