New to Etsy!

Hi! I'm new to etsy and would appreciate any feedback on how to get sales and my shop seen!! :) 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
7 Replies

Re: New to Etsy!

Me too!

0 Likes
NobbyandNice
Inspiration Seeker

Love your stuff. Pics are good. You need to use all 13 tags and add more items. 

Watch Pam Duthie on YouTube, she is a great Etsy coach and also sells felted dogs. 

Hope you do well. 

1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi there & welcome to Etsy.  Just a few tis to get you started.  You need to be more descriptive in your descriptions, you need to be more descriptive with you main titles, and you need to take full advantage of tags.  In addition, it is a good idea to complete as much as possible of the other information on the site.  If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.  Good luck to you both.

0 Likes
NobbyandNice
Inspiration Seeker

It’s unclear when you land on your page if you are selling digital downloads or actual physical prints that you get in the mail. If they are downloads you should have a digital download on each listing pic and also bump up your download price a bit. Make it very clear in the description that it’s a download. 

If uts an actual picture that they are getting in the mail then the unframed price if $2.00 is too low. Your pictures are really pretty, you need to show them in a mock up where you show how they look in a living room or a room buyers would put them in. 

If you are selling digital downloads then I would suggest watching on YouTube Nancy Badillo who is an expert marketer with digital downloads and has lots of Etsy videos. 

Good luck to you. 

1 Like

My first suggestion is to get way more listings in your shop.  My sales escalated when I hit 40 listings.  Good luck.

My shop is www.cleverclayshop.etsy.com.  I make 3D printed artist tools and polymer clay jewelry.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Kayla!

You need to start using mock-ups to showcase your work. As it is presented right now, someone could just right click, save the picture and use it, because the resolution is good enough. Your work is at risk to get stolen and not paid for.

That's one reason why we use mock-ups, to prevent this kind of thefts. If you want to show the customer that your products have a high resolution (apart from stating it in the description) you can make a detail-pic in order to showcase that. Like I do in this listing: https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/682830210/oscar-wilde-quote-printable-literary?ref=shop_home_acti...

If you want to present your pictures also without a mock-up environment you can do that, but you have to decrease the resolution so that it looks good on the pic on etsy, but if someone saves it and starts to enlarge it, it becomes too blurry and not so interesting to use.

Hope this helps and good luck!

1 Like

I'd like to know whether I can it as a matte or glossy and what process and paper you are using for the various sizes. You need a copyright or some kind of watermark on your photos for security reasons. You should also picture a corner piece of the frames you offer. That would help folks choose and would be able to decide whether they want a frame or not.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.