Help with making sales please!

Please take a look at my shop.  Having a hard time getting looks and sales.  Any tips would be appreciated.  Thanks Lynn.

Etsy.com/shop/crochetingbylynn.  

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
6 Replies
silcoon52
Community Curator

Re: Help with making sales please!

You have very nice items Lynn but how can you make any money with FS and prices reduced? I'd try craft fairs! To me your pictures looks good!

0 Likes
IfaOshaCreative
Inspiration Seeker

Hello !
You have beautiful knitting and it looks well done.

But when I went to your store the first thing I wanted to do was change the photo.
Your photos should be light .

2. Tags and titles.
You have to fill in all 13 tags and also think of the titles so your customers can find you.

3. The Etsy system is built so that it promotes those stores that have activity.
This means that there must be action in your store every day.
editing products, Renew , adding new products.

Good luck !!!

Get more sales :)

1 Like
IngDesignVintage
Inspiration Seeker

Dear Lynn,
I agree with silcoon52, and with IfaOshaCreative.
The gray background is very good. But the format! Photo format. Itsey loves horizontal photography. You have vertical ones.
And the work every day. Sellers help each other - like photos. Sometimes this takes several hours a day.
Get more sales)

0 Likes

Hi Lynn,

Your work is really nice but I do think your prices are too low. 

I also sell fingerless mittens in my shop and have found them to be a very hard sale. I have sold them at craft fairs and a boutique where I sell so I know people like them and will buy them in person. You might want to try some in person sales at craft fairs to get a feel for what people in your area like and how much to sell your products for. Also you could try making and selling a scarf and gloves set. 

I change up my pictures a lot and post things from my shop on Facebook and Instagram to bring more business to my shop. Keep trying new things and see what works for you. Have a great sale day ! BrennetteMarie 

0 Likes

Dear Lynn,

I checked out your shop and the products seem to be of a high quality and good craftsmanship! I would advise:

- take your pictures with natural light (it is visible from some pictures that you take them under a very yellow light), natural sunlight is more neutral and will help your items look more how they are in reality! 

- also, I would edit a bit the description section: try to add more information about the product and how you made it etc, I think that will help you engage better with your potential customers.

- modify as well your titles, they are very short at the moment. Add some more information about your product!

- I'm not an expert on crocheting, but I do that in my spare time, and I agree with some comments above.. your prices are a bit low! If I think how much it costs to buy the yarn and then the time you take to make it.. I think you can make them a bit higher! 

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck with your shops!

Movì

0 Likes

Hey Lynn,

I love your products! I do feel that your prices are too low, as others have said. I saw that you are currently offering a scarf for $12 with free fingerless mittens included. I understand that you may feel this will help bring orders in, but to me low pricing that is "to good to be true" is a red flag. A great way to figure out pricing is to take a look at your competition and decide whether you want to be on the high, middle, or low end. I would not suggest starting at the low end with such beautiful and well made products. When orders start rolling in you will not want to be working all of the time while making very little money. Also, you want your customers to come back to your shop. Raising your prices later might make this difficult. 

I like your pictures, but if you try getting a bright white poster board and taking pictures in a well lit area, I think they will convert better. You don't want too much "noise" in your images. 

For descriptions I would suggest using Marmalead if you are serious about improving your shop. I thinks it's around $20 each month, but would really benefit you a lot and you may make that money back pretty quickly. If you aren't ready for that, I totally get it! I would suggest making your descriptions longer by including information the buyer may want to know or information that evokes emotion. Also make sure that you are using long tail focus keywords.

Reviews are great for your shop as well! I would suggest that you ASK for them! For example, you can send a handwritten note in your package thanking them for their order. Then also request either a 5 star review or for them to reach out if there were any issues with their order. Obviously not in those words, but you get the picture! I've found that this has helped my shop! 

Last but not least, it is important that you are not relying on Etsy to drive traffic to your shop. The more engagement YOU bring to your shop, the more engagement you will see from Etsy. I suggest using Instagram as a free marketing tool. However, make sure your main goal is to really connect with people and build relationships. People are more likely to keep coming back because of the relationship you have built. Cherish these people...seriously! My Instagram following is AMAZING. They support me more than people that I actually know. They will tag you in their pics (which you can use for marketing if you ask), post stories on your shop, or even repost YOUR posts and stories (this includes new collections you put out or sales!). This is a huge deal considering how many followers some of these accounts may have. Also, Pinterest ads! You can get a lot of traffic for very little money. Just be sure to do some research on how to create high performing ads. 

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out! I'd love to help!

Chandra

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.