LMStudioGifts
Inspiration Seeker

Do promoted listings help sales in your shop!

Hi All

I joined Etsy in Dec 2018 and was hoping to get some input from fellow team on how you promote your shop, via Etsy, Pinterest etc.   Do you spend any money on marketing your shop, what works and doesnt work.  I specifically work on personalized baby clothes.  I would love your thoughts and/or suggestions. 

Please check out my shop and will love the support if you favorite my shop while there.  

www.ETSY.COM/SHOP/LMSTUDIOGIFTS

Appreciate the advise.  

Thanks, Lisa 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Do promoted listings help sales in your shop!

No, I don't spend any money on marketing my shop. I would rather spend that money on tools for my craftwork, to enable me to increase variety. I tend to use Twitter when announcing new items, Pinterest (& Flikr less frequently) to show things I make, Instagram to show my work in progress. Also, I use Etsy's Sell on Etsy app, which enables me to combine/connect social media with my shop. I find it a bit quirky, awkward, but it works. Let me know if you need help with this. Another way that I promote my shop & items in it is by playing games, in this team and others. Let me know if you have any queries & I will try to help you (or anyone else). 

0 Likes

No I have not spent money on marketing.  I keep my SEO up to Grade a through Erank tool and share new items to my twitter, instagram, pinterest and facebook page. I have also done the games.  What seems to help most is to get past that 40 item listing threshold.  My sales went up a lot after that.  

1 Like

There are better ways to market... My first sales on Etsy were when Etsy was very new and it was SO much easier to get found. I simply listed my items, and they sold. My pics weren't great, my SEO was atrocious... but getting found on this young platform was MUCH easier then. I was so bummed when algorithm changes began, treasuries changed, and SEO became paramount. My sales began to steadily slip and I was terrified. Ultimately I had to expand beyond Etsy in order to infuse my business with new life. I also had to learn a lot about running a business - specifically a handmade business. Enter my business coach. I realized that I needed education, support, accountability, and community in order to grow  into the brand I envisioned. Best decision ever. 

For a limited time, my personal handmade business coach (she's the number one handmade business educator worldwide) is offering a FREE Masterclass this on her "Product Sell Out Formula" so that you can learn how to create a product line that sells. Period.

The masterclass is all new and aired live last week - over 4k attended and  it was amazing! You can find it for a limited time here: https://bit.ly/2EQRdMk , but it will be gone soon - so catch it while you can. 

Learning how to create product lines has been a game changer for my business. As a Youtuber with over 3 million views, she also has additional free trainings and resources here: https://bit.ly/2VFxSDC 

2 Likes

Renae Christine is great, she's so easy to listen to and I love her background story- I've seriously considered diving more into her coaching stuff (so far I've just watched a free webinar).  Community, support, education- YES! 

0 Likes

0 Likes

I spent more on ads than I got back. Waste of money

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.