This is a designated chat room for all of us game room groupies!  A great place to hang out, ask questions or just get to know each other.  A great big thanks to Jane and Elizabeth for getting our games back running again.  XOXOXO

Enjoy!

Lori  - aka "Packy"

REBboutique
Conversation Maker

Email notifications

Hi, I've been away from the forums for a long time, so I apologize if this question has been answered or this isn't the appropriate place for it. But I've been receiving a huge amount of email with the subject "Welcome to the Etsy Community Community." I'd prefer not to receive these emails. I don't see any place in my settings to opt out, so I'm hoping someone here can advise me. I don't want to withdraw from this team, I simply don't want to receive these emails.

Can anyone help? Many thanks in advance.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Re: Email notifications

@REBboutique click on your avatar above right (while in the forum) then my settings / subscriptions and notifications / notification settings. You can click or unclick any boxes that apply to what you want to receive and how. I believe this will do the trick!

1 Like
REBboutique
Conversation Maker

Re: Email notifications

Thank you, Elizabeth. That looks like it should work! :)

0 Likes

Re: CHAT ROOM

We don't usually get robins until spring has pretty much sprung - but this year I think I've been seeing them since January - maybe February. Waiting for the red-head finches, gold finches and others in our yard, and pelicans on the lake. Have seen a few great blue herons when we are driving about. I love birds!

0 Likes

I love birds too, Sherri! I’ve had house finches the last few years, but I haven’t seen any yet this year.  It it’s still early, so they may come back. I can’t get out much, but my daughter has seen a heron fairly close to here. 

0 Likes

I love the sound of the birds in spring!  I haven't seen any robins yet, but I've seen some monarch butterflies.  Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a robin here in Las Vegas.  They probably don't care for the desert.  :)

0 Likes

Butterflies! We don't get them here this early, but already we are enjoying some pretty nice days. Soon the birds will be singing practically nonstop, and monarchs will be flitting about. Hubby fixed the rototiller, he will likely plow up the garden soon. We plan to walk more than we have been - especially me, with housework I don't walk as much as he does.

0 Likes

I don’t generally get butterflies much at all here, but I have birds aplenty. I’ve seen a mess of clover in one area of the grass, so maybe we’ll have some bees later. The birds and the bees .... LOL!

1 Like

Off topic, but I just found that Spellcheck exists here in the forum! You really have to want it to find it though, lol.

Post a comment first and then select edit from the drop down below that little gray arrow to the right of your comment. A modified tool bar shows up above the type box. The ABC tool is spellcheck if you are determined to spell correctly! 

That's all- now back to the birds and the bees!

4 Likes

Crazy that you have to POST, then use EDIT mode for spellchcek.  I think I'll just OWN my typos!

2 Likes

Thank you Elizabeth for telling us about speell check! I've been copying & pasting the word on a new tab to bring up the correct spelling. :/ It'll be so much easier now!! :D

0 Likes

I must chec it outt.

1 Like

I didn't get the modified toolbar - is it a test?

oh well

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

@ButterflyFeetDigital Like other features, it’s been coming and going. Not there for me right now.

0 Likes

Spell check would be nice. Now if I want to check, I have to bring up Word.

0 Likes

Speaking of intermittent problems here .... I went into settings and set it to automatically go to the last entry in a post. It doesn’t. Oh, occasionally it grudgingly does, but mostly it seems to go to the page it was on when I changed the settings (which was weeks ago). So yesterday, I went in and took that off and then reset it to the same thing. But that didn’t fix it. Growf! So annoying!

0 Likes

@OpenVintagePreserve 'grudgingly' is such an accurate word. Like it doesn't want to but OK have it your way. Don't count on it tomorrow.

1 Like

I agree - it never really goes to my last post in a thread, nor to the last page. It always lands somewhere in the middle of the pages. Oh well. I liked the way 'Your Threads' used to work - always correct. No rhyme or reason here.

1 Like

We are having the weirdest weather. For the last two days it was like high 70's, almost record breaking for this time of year. Today we are in the midst of another blizzard, literally. Snow blowing sideways all afternoon.

0 Likes

Yikes! That is strange weather. Hope it moderates soon.  

0 Likes

That sounds like our Spring last year! It snowed twice in April, and killed the beautiful forsythia blossoms. Hope it all clears up for you soon!

Just a postscript- as far as great mispronunciations go- my handyman calls Forsythia, ForCynthia :) I like that even better! Sounds so romantic.

0 Likes

We had some wonderful days. Monday and Tuesday I even went barefoot.

Last night, the temperature dropped 30 degrees in in a couple of hours.
Then it became nippier, windy, then sloppy snow started.
AND we are to get some more sloppy snow and then rain.

WISCONSIN

0 Likes

I manage to have time to be pinning about 15 members on the games.

Then some pinning on Zibbet.

1 Like

Ah, snow in Wisconsin, too - we are in Colorado. Should be used to this, but it's always a surprise.

I didn't check the plants outside yet - it didn't get much below 20 degrees I don't think - so I hope they are all okay - even the forsythia, which I had just been admiring the day before the snow hit. At least it isn't lasting long - got to 40 today, so it will be melting fast.

0 Likes

Most of the snow we had has now melted.

This morning there was thunder and some rain started.

We're suppose to get thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow.

The weather has to be a guy. They can't make up their minds  :-D

Wisconsin

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.